The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

nope, because he continues with his "i know more about the philadelphia area and the eagles" then you routine. which may well be true on everything else in life but not this city and certainly not this team.

plus it's too damn fun. :icon_cheesygrin:

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I hate that I keep trying to convince myself that last night was a wake-up call that will launch the team into the next level, as opposed to the reality that they are frauds as far as being championship capable.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hear that dawk. this team has a long way to go to be real contenders. there is some good young talent on the roster no doubt but the gameplanning/adjustments are still putird too many times.

i mean who doesn't know that teams are going to blitz the eagles' offense at this point ? not once was there a play called to go to the damn hot route last night while winfield was blitzing. the guy was open every damn time but with no fail that player ran a long route. why all the damn deep plays when the defenses are covering deep and blitzing ? where's the short to imtermediate pass plays ? where's the damn draw plays ? the screens ?

4. DawkinsINT

Despite all of his catches, McCoy is still underutilized. Hand the ball off more to help the offensive line and Vick's health!

5. DawkinsINT

“It was an absolutely pathetic job on my part of getting my team ready to play,” head coach Andy Reid said.

Ya think?

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I blame Tuesday night football. It was an historicaly odd night to play football and the Eagles were historically crapty

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

they looked like "wussies" out there.

8. DawkinsINT

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm not gonna knock you if you feel like they are frauds... I thought that at times last night...

But I can't accept that. Once again, we handed a present to the opposition and let them get back into it. We're up 0-7 driving down the field and Vick gets careless with the football and gives away a 7-14 point swing as well as momentum. And don't try and put that one on the o-line. Vick was staring at Winfield as he approached, he just tried dancing around him instead of either taking the sack or tucking the ball in tight to his body to get out of harm's way.

And the second fumbled turnover just doesn't need to be discussed. 100% on Mike.

We live and apparently die by Vick's athletic ability and scrambling. I think we are lucky that he hasn't fumbled the ball much this year because he always leaves that ball relatively out there.

And the terrible accuracy. We can blame that on the constant pressure, but that wasn't the same guy we have seen all year. I have seen him make incredible throws this year with a crapload of pressure in his face. He is battered and scared and as I said in the gameday thread, coaches need to counteract the freaking blitzes with delayed handoffs to Shady, 2 or 3 step drop throws, shotgun formations (which he was just heckin' phenomenal in earlier in the year, not sure why we aren't using it as much now)... something.

24-14 Final Score

Take away fumble + TD. Hell, even make it so we don't score at all on that drive.

17-14.

Take away Vick's fumble on Minnesota's 23. The least we get from there is 3 from Akers.

17-17.

We should have been in this game, but Vick laid a turd. Bound to happen. Just gotta trust in the coaches to figure the problems out. I know I know, I don't have a lot of faith in them either as we have been facing the same issue without an answer or adjustment for three or four weeks. Hopefully this was a wakeup call.

The defense gave up 17 points. I'm not praising them as they looked like crap last night, but they only gave up 17 points. On a normal night, we make that game a blowout. And we gave them two unnecessary roughness penalties on two of their scoring drives (Dmitri Patterson is playing terrible freaking football right now, in case you weren't aware).

If Juqua Parker learns how to tackle and bring Joe Webb down, he'd have had 4 sacks last night.

SUMMARY (lol)
    We played our worst game of the season. The Giants game is what mattered the most, and we won that, but we weren't prepared this week. It showed, and we looked pathetic. Two or three smarter plays by Vick on offense and we win this game.

I'm furious about last night. But...

I am keeping the faith.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And this team is just miserable when trying to score before the half. Last year, too. It always seems like something crapty happens when we try to drive for a last minute score. 'Fumble' by Maclin against the Giants, fumble by Vick against the Vikings, and it seems like there has been more this year.

:: banging head on my desk ::

11. DawkinsINT

Yeah, sorry to be a Negadelphian, but I fully expect a playoff loss. I can't kid myself any longer that this team is good enough to win the Super Bowl.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I thought that about Eli Manning and the Giants team a couple years ago.

I thought there was no way in hell the Bears were going to the Super Bowl a couple years ago.

It's probably better to have your mindset, but this team has too much potential for me to count them out.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

if we have to live and die by vick's ability to scramble then it's safe to say that the line is a big issue.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hate to pull something off TATE, but actually found a couple small tidbits worth mentioning...

Same defense comes at us in the playoffs, this will win us the game. That simple.

I know Avant is very good in the slot, but maybe throw one of our speedsters there on 1st or 2nd down and see what happens.

15. DawkinsINT

You really needed TATErs to point that out to you?

16. DawkinsINT

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah christ man i posted that same crap yesterday.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

normally i'd agree but we all know that the eagles threw this game because they were content with being the 3 seed and playing an extra playoff game. :icon_smile:

19. DawkinsINT

That's what teams with a stellar offensive line do.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

haaa, yes they do.