The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i come in peace....lol

saw you guys just signed the QB Killa Bobby McCray...great pick-up IMO

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI-7ETwDCG8]YouTube - Hitler reacts to the Eagles beating the Giants.[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not the type of move I wanted the team to be compelled to make going into the playoffs, but I hope you become a prophet by calling it a great pick-up.

4. DawkinsINT

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

he may be a good short term option....he came through for us in the playoffs. just ask warner and favre.

long term...not so good. we waived him because of his back problems

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

We released Derrick Burgess and he took his spot. I'm okay with this.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Few things from today's game...

1. Darryl Tapp played a damn good game.
    2. I don't care if he is a rookie, Austin Howard looked like SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. Screw I hope we don't have to count on him for anything in the postseason.
    3. phigles had a woody over Chad Hall all game. He played very well.
    4. I really like what I'm seeing from Lindley. Patterson played a good game, but I think I am past the point of giving this guy another chance.
    5. Jerome Harrison is legit. He gets three yards every carry, if not busting it off for a big one. And he got plenty of attempts. Hopefully these assclowns running the offense continue the trend next week.
    6. I've been a big fan of Clay, but so disappointed in that drop. He catches that he might go the distance.
    7. Kolb looked terrible, but he was playing with backups against starters.
    8. Sav Rocca has been consistent if unspectacular. It's nice having a good solid punter to go along with our rock, Akers.

One thing I read somewhere else... if Clay Matthews doesn't give Kolb a concussion in week one, we very well might not be in the postseason. Funny that we meet him and the Pack round one.

Gonna be a VEEEEERY difficult game, but I think we're capable. From what I have seen, Rodgers is either very on or very off. McDermott needs to find a way to find one of his best gameplans ever.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Chad Hall will be Super Bowl MVP. You read it here first!

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

no reason kolb was out there. why would a coach put the back-up out there with a bunch of scrubs taking the chance he gets hurt and knocked out for the rest of the season knowing his starter is hurt and may very well get pounded because of the lousy o-line in front of him ?

correct to a point. personally i doubt kolb would've gotten passed the skins game with the protection or lack there of.

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Desean Jackson was just on radio in DC. I was thinking, let me listen to this cocky little heck... but he was cool as crap. Told it as it was and come off real humble of all things. Hate when that happens. Now I'm bitter cause he's freaking with my hate.! :icon_confused:

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

he's definitely got a cocky side but as long as he keeps that in check i have no issue with him. just hope the guy isn't expecting fitzgerald type money cause it will be an issue.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He's always a cool and humble interview during the week. After the game when the adrenalin is pumping is when the little diva rages

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Watched the game again. So many small things that killed us.

Defense gave up 21 points and played undisciplined the first 40 minutes but made up for it in the final 20, shutting GB down and giving the offense plenty of opportunities to make something happen. Not happy with how they played in the first half and it should have been 21-3 by the end of it, but they did what they needed to do in the second.

The offense was in scoring position 5 times before the last drive, and walked away with 2 TDs and 1 FG. Doesn't take a genius...

I'm not gonna snitch about the gameplan. We're never gonna be a 50/50 run/pass team, or even a 40/60 pass team. That's reality. And we don't need to be. Had we stepped up and made the most of our opportunities, we put 35 points on the board.

Goats of the game:
    1. Vick- miserable throw to end the game. Overall not a bad game, but the throw ended the season.
    2. Akers- best kicker we've ever had struggled when we needed him most.

3. Cooper- give me a little more effort on that last play. Screw, how about some offensive PI? Do something to get the ball out of Williams' hands.
    4. Justice- too many penalties. He was going against Matthews a lot of the game so I can't hate too much.
    5. Cole- I love my man Cole, but where the hell did he disappear the last 5 games? He even had a week of rest before this game.
    6. Sims- awful game, but nothing new as this has been his play all year. I wouldn't mind him as a backup, but this guy is almost worse than Chris Gocong.

Let's not forget DeSean's drop on 2nd down inside the red zone early in the game which would have gave us a first. That drop led to a missed field goal attempt. And Vick threw two passes on crossing routes to Avant on a drive in the second half, one was a poor pass by Vick but one hit Avant in the numbers and he didn't haul it in, leading to a punt.

And, of course, Celek's brain lapse on the 2 point conversion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we had no business being in this game at the end of the first half, and yet we let a great opportunity get away from us at the end of the game.

Back to the drawing board...

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Not enough Chad Hall :-(

15. DawkinsINT

The future potential for this team is still very good with the speed and youth. Improve that defense and offensive line and they become a true Super Bowl contender.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

they will need both vick and kolb next year if that online is not fixed.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

damn, heads are a rollin' down at one nova center.

too bad it's not the fattest one.

18. DawkinsINT

Howard Eskin getting owned.....I love it!

:rollinglaugh:

In defense of a colleague | Philly | 02/05/2011

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Hahahahahaha. Epic

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest