Dolphins On The Verge Of Hiring Jim Harbaugh As Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 6, 2011.

1. According to the San Jose Mercury News' Tim Kawakami, "indications are that Jim Harbaugh will accept Miami's huge offer" to be its next head coach. Kawakami goes on to say it's "not a done deal, but everything is pointing that way." Miami must be readying some kind of offer if it is enough to convince Harbaugh to relocate from central California to the other end of the country. Of course, before anything can be made official, the Dolphins must first fire current head coach Tony Sparano.

Source: RotoTimes

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm getting thoughts of Nick saban all over again

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Unlike that though, Ireland is actually a good GM. But I am a huge skeptic myself.

4. Omen

You are correct I was upset when he left dallas

5. Harbaugh doesn't have Saban's disciplinarian nature......I can see players fighting hard for Jim.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Not for nothing, but Saben didn't do that bad as a HC with no GM to find talent. Outside of letting Brees go, he just couldn't take being in the pros.

7. He did okay in the early going.....

I do remember SI picking the Dolphins to go to the Super Bowl in Saban's second season.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Harbaughs actually got a rep around Stanford for being quite the disciplinarian and hardbutt.

9. Jed York proved his bark is alot bigger than his bite. Don't send a boy to do a man's job.

Eddie DeBartolo would've aggressively outbid Ross.

10. News to me. He just doesn't seem that way imho.

I'm sure he'll work out in the NFL. But this is a cruel joke thats being played on the 49ers.

11. But even crueler for Tony Sparano....he deserves better than this.

12. Omen

Reminds me of jj have dinner with bill parcells.....and don't think the season was even over

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The 49ers shouldn't try and outbid the Dolphins IMO, $8M is just too much for an unproven HC.

14. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

I think that Harbaugh should take the 49ers job instead. Especially the way that Tony Sparano is being disrespected.

15. Omen

Totally agree

16. bambam

bambam Rookie

Billick, Mornighweg or Mularkey would do well, wouldn't ask for as much money and have more experience. York would be a fool to try to top the Dolphins' offer. Let them overpay for JM.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm already sick over all of this Harbaugh talk. Never has a dude got more love from the press (or potential for money from teams) for turning a college program around. Ridiculous.

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'd like the 49ers to interview Mularkey and Mornhinweg.

19. Omen

Just hears on nfln that harbough will most likly go with Miami ....they mentioned bilick for san Fran

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I just heard on ESPN News that the Dolphins haven't given a contract to Harbaugh yet and some aren't even sure if the Dolphins have satisfied the Rooney rule and they can't sign Harbaugh until something is done about Sparano. wtf the Dolphins are doing things in the wrong order..lol