1st Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Jan 4, 2011.

1. I think they like Grossman as a temporary starter. (don't ask me why)

I don't think they'll go qb 1st rd but it's possible.

yeah I agree. I don't think they'll grab a RB it's not very Shanahan like.

2. I believe finding an offensive weapon will be one of their top priorities. WR is tops imo.....

He never took a RB in the 1st I believe. The highest he ever took a RB in the draft was in the second round (Clinton Portis - 2002)

3. agreed. Maybe they go QB in the 2nd?

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

andrew luck is staying....curveball

now it has to be green/fairley/peterson/bowers #1

MAYBE newton but that would be a big mistake

5. I think it's between Green/ Bowers.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Bowers seems to be the favorite IMO. If it's me, it's Fairley or Green.

7. K Train

people forget charles johnson had a hell of a year and they love the man beast himself greg hardy and have a first round pick invested in everette brown.

peterson is my #1 player with luck off the board now....green, peterson and fairley make sense....fairley being the most risky of the 3.

bowers will get serious contention though, its a shame quinn didnt play all year cause he may have challeged for it.

jimmy clausen is having a party tonight btw

8. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I agree, Green, Peterson and Fairley in that order.....Johnson had a great yr, Brown has shown flashes, as has Hardy....You think anybody attempts to trade up or they'll setlle in on Green or Peterson?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  9. K Train

with luck off the board no way someone trades up.

i still think newton, mallet, locker, maybe gabbert are first round guys but this QB class takes a hard hit with luck staying.

the 10 best players regardless of position or value are like this imo

Patrick Peterson CB LSU- Best CB prospect ive seen since D-hall and Pacman....the calvin johnson of DBs

DeQuan Bowers DE Clemson- Easily the best pass rusher in the draft

AJ Green WR UGA- Not my favorite WR this year but the obvious choice for the top WR

Julio Jones WR Bama- IS my favorite WR this year...will be better than green

Prince Amukamara CB Neb- Not on petersons level but not far off, pretty top tier CB prospect

Nick Fairley DT Auburn- jay Ratliff clone. same size, school, number, looks, style....should be a 3 tech but being a 23 year old rookie and only having one great year is a little intimidating since DT is generally a risky pick high in the draft if your not names king suh

Robert Quinn DE UNC- Would probably be in the discussion for top DE had he played

Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa- Stud in any system imo, i love him in the darnell dockett 34 DE role

Marcel Dareus DT Bama- Best fit is a 43DT but plays in a 34 in college. i think he looks the part but plays like a DE pass rusher, not what you look for in a 5 tech

Justin Blackmon WR OSU- Who the hell would have thought blackmon was the #3 WR this year when it was all about the big 4 in Jones/Green/Floyd/Baldwin

no QBs and no OTs in the top 10 this year.....crazy after the last few year

10. CStevenson13

I agree about Dareus, not to say he cant or wont be a very good 3-4 DE but he doesnt seems as disciplined as you'd like for that spot, unless your running this non traditional 3-4 we are starting to see now.

11. Charles Johnson is a FA.

I think Daureus is suited for the 3-4, he played it in college, and has shown thew ability to dominate when not injured.

12. Charles Johnson is a FA.

I think Daureus is suited for the 3-4, he played it in college, and has shown thew ability to dominate when not injured.

13. K Train

dareus has the size to play in the 34, but he doesnt have the style of play.

if you watch him he has evander hood syndrome....he looks the part but plays like a DE (pass rusher)

kick him inside in a 43 and he would excel imo, i like heyward, clayborn and even bailey over him as a tradtional 34end

14. CStevenson13

I agree completely

15. I don't think he has the speed to play in a 4-3.

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He's saying as a 4-3 defensive tackle.

17. K Train

i think his stock will drop...fairley is clearly above him as the first interior dlineman off the board, i think he falls to around where the titans pick at 8 and would be a legit replacement for haynesworth...thats assuming the titans go after a QB in FA like kolb, orton...ect

imo theres no QB worth that slot....not cam, not gabbert, or locker or mallet even though im sure one will be gone by then

18. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Just my :2cents: on the blog entry itself.

Hard to read. You can try using the styling options to break the page up some so it's not one monotone mush of text. Also, images would give this entry more pop as well. The writing was fine (with the exception of some grammatical errors) but it felt lost after a while. Engage your reader, give him some sizzle to go with the good commentary.

19. bambam

bambam Rookie

pass rusher at #7 please or trade up for Fairley