Ravens FS Ed Reed's Brother Missing After River Jump

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 8, 2011.

1. The 29-year-old brother of Ravens safety Ed Reed is missing after jumping into the Mississippi River in Louisiana, several media outlets are reporting. Officers from the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office had been pursuing Brian Reed, 29, in St. Rose, La., on Friday, WWLTV.com in New Orleans reported. The man was seen jumping into the river around 10 a.m. Deputies say they saw Brian Reed jump into the river, go underwater and disappear, the website reported. "The suspect jumped into the river, went about 15 feet according to the deputy," Sgt. Dwayne LaGrange, a spokesman for the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office, told WWLTV.com. "At some particular point they said he did witness hands and head come up and go under the water and never resurface again." Ravens coach John Harbaugh spoke briefly about Reed during a Friday night teleconference to discuss the hiring of his brother Jim as coach of the San Francisco 49ers, the Baltimore Sun reported. "We've been in contact as an organization," John Harbaugh told the Sun. "All I want to say is, our thoughts and prayers are with the Reed family at this difficult time. We're just praying for them. I love Ed Reed, I know he's fighting something now and hopefully it'll turn out OK."

Source: ESPN

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Why was he running from the cops?

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

^^that?

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

The real question is how drunk was he?

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Someone is hiding something....

6. This is some deep crap dude.....

7. Dragonite

So we can say with some certainty he is either dead or hiding from the cops somewhere right?

8. merge

Article updated.....

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

If he's hiding then he's a piece of garbage for not at least letting his family know, although I hope that is the case. Thoughts and prayers are with the Reed family.

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I'm interested to hear what you guys think about this? Should he stay with his family or honor his contract and play in the game?

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

well only he can answer that question IMO.

12. Word.

Whatever he decides will be the best for him.

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah, just curious what the general consensus here on GIF is.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He should play the game. It's playoffs. Win or go. His teamates need him and I'm willing to bet the only real difference between him being the one jumping in the river to evade police is the fact that he can play football well enough to get paid millions to do it. He should respect that and play.

15. Dragonite

I dunno, I agree to some degree but none of us know how we would react if our brother was missing. Is he really going to play a good football game if his thoughts are on his brother the whole time or is he going to be distracted and make some mistakes.

If someone I cared about was missing I would not be able to play a good game of football I tell you that for sure.

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Would you be able to show up to work and still do your job? What if it was one of the most important days of the year at your work and all your coworkers really needed you to be there?

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Family > Work.

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He's not skipping the game to dive in and find him. He's sitting in the house on the couch (that NFL paid for) next to his mama. He can do that after the game.

19. Dragonite

I am going to agree that family is a million times more important than work and almost every single place of employment would give you the day, or a couple days off to get your head screwed on straight in this situation.

Trust me I know, my sister went missing for 4 days last year, I got off work for all 4 days. Granted I worked at McDonalds, but still.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Any job would say you can have it off. As the Raven's are here. Can you imagine the PR nightmare if they didn't. That doesn't mean you suddenly aren't needed by your coworkers\team.