Todd Haley Stripped Charlie Weis Of Play-Calling Duties Vs. Ravens

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Bob Fescoe of 610 Kansas City reports that Chiefs coach Todd Haley stripped offensive coordinator Charlie Weis' play-calling duties at halftime of Sunday's 30-7 loss to the Ravens. The Chiefs were down just 10-7 at the half, and didn't put a single point on the board in the final two quarters. Clearly the most dynamic player on the field in the game, Jamaal Charles received just three second-half touches. Kansas City's offense fell apart after news of Weis' departure broke prior to Week 17, and Haley only exacerbated the problem in the most important game of the season. Haley is now believed to be pursuing a puppet-type offensive coordinator to replace Weis, who is heading to the University of Florida.

Source: Pro Football Talk

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  2. No need to hire an offensive coordinator.....Haley has already done so.

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I'm sure Haley is thrilled that story got out.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This is why I don't like Haley.

6. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

lol at least the decision totally worked for him and all. great head coaching decision.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wow great decision coach

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

if it's not obvious to everyone that the main reason Weis is leaving is because of a strained relationship with Haley, then some have their heads in the clouds .......... Haley has an enormous ego, especially when it comes to offense ........ he is going to have trouble keeping a good o-coordinator ........... he just needs a puppet as o-coordinator who will do what he says ..............

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The success of the Cards in '08 and '09 went to a lot of players heads, but no head has swelled more than Haley's. He really picked a bad spot to morph into the brat that he can be.

10. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

PFT is now saying that the source on this is not as credible as would be desirable and had false reports about other aspects of this game.

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Yea exactly, i thought something was fishy when he left for the same job...Haley might be bothered by the ole boys club they had with Pioli, Weiss and Crennel lol

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  12. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

This story is nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor....If it were true, someone more trustworthy would have written about it as well. Quite honestly, I don't believe it for a second.

13. There you have it......

But it didn't matter who was calling the plays (Haley, Weis), they came out flat. Putrid.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

So it was Haley's fault Charles rushed for 87 in the first half and then -5 in the second and the reason Dwayne Bowe wasn't involved...

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

No it wasn't...Weis called all of the offensive plays Sunday....honestly, why should he care? He knew he was leaving. Doesn't really matter...Cassel absolutely cracked under the pressure of a big game. The defense was doing great, until they got wore down from being on the field 90% of the time. The main thing I don't get is why Jamaal Charles only had 3 touches in the second half.

16. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Haley should have never went 4 it on 4th down...that was the beginning of the end 4 our young team.

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Are you serious? The Chiefs went for it on 4th down in a lot of games this season...when we made it...Haley/Weis was a genius...when we didn't, they were idiots...I think every Chiefs fan wanted them to go for it in this game, but WEIS's play-calling was horrible from that point on. Maybe he wanted Chiefs fans to be glad to see him leave, cause I certainly am!

18. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

You can't help but wonder what would happen if they would put a stop to coaches/teams doing their job searches during the season.

1 person likes this.
  19. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I think that's exactly what they should do! :icon_cheesygrin:

20. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

yeah i am serious. just think...we go 4 the FG there and the game is tied at 10. after we lose on that 4 and short...our young O starts 2 faulter (lost confidence). if we dont lose that confidence we keep the game neck and neck. the Ravens used their experience 2 intimidate after that. your team is 2 young 2 gamble in big games like that.