Steelers To Play Regular Season Game In Ireland?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Jan 27, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Super Bowl-bound Pittsburgh Steelers might also be Ireland bound for a regular 2011-2012 regular season game. That’s the word from the huddle after the team’s championship win over the New York Jets last weekend. The clincher for a Steelers appearance would likely be Dan Rooney, whose family own the franchise and who is himself the current U.S. Ambassador in Dublin. And the Echo has learned that some groundwork has already been laid for a regular season game at the GAA headquarters which has a seating capacity in excess of 80,000. A spokeswoman for Ireland’s Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport, Mary Hanafin, told the Echo Tuesday that discussions have already been held at the official level on the potential of a NFL regular season game being played in Ireland in the fall. “Minister Mary Hanafin would very much welcome such a move to hold a future NFL game in Ireland, which has such a proud sporting tradition. There would be a great welcome for visiting fans traveling with the teams to Ireland as well as huge interest locally, and a knock on boost for Ireland from a tourism perspective,â€￾ the spokeswoman said.

Source: Irish Echo

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

heck that crap

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

[​IMG]

Hopefully they play a rugby team.

5. warwagon86

warwagon86 Irish Football Fans

screw you guys you realise how freaking hard it is for football fans like me to get to see a game? i mean spending the guts of 7 or 800 bucks to see a game once a year in London?

bring some ball to gods country

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Isn't that the USA? :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm not going to spend a single € for a game at London, nor at Dublin. Let the NFL where it belongs

7. flea

flea ???????

Ya would if it was in Germany ;)

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Not sure. Maybe if the Pack would play here

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Football is already played in Texas

10. flea

flea ???????

Looks like it could happen in 2013, was never gonna goahead this year not with Notre Dame/Navy

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i suppose there are enough americans living in or near ireland to attend the game ................

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Euros watch football too, just saying...