Auburn QB Cam Newton Thinks He's An "Entertainer And Icon"

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 22, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Former Auburn University quarterback Cam Newton had some questions about his character hanging over his head coming into this week’s NFL Scouting Combine. He might just have added another one. "I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon,â€￾ Newton said as noted by Sports Illustrated's Peter King during a phone call he had with the quarterback. While Newton potentially could be a top-10 selection in the first round based on upside, saying he sees himself as an entertainer and icon before he has even been drafted is not the kind of statement to make before you’re about to be interviewed by several NFL teams later this week. What he needs to prove is that football is the most important thing on his mind this week and nothing else. Considering he only has one season as a starter at college football's highest level, Newton still has a lot to prove, and it starts in Indianapolis.

Source: FOXSports

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Jesus Christ. Since his father is a "pastor" I'll put it in terms he should understand....“Blessed are the Meek, for they will inherit the earth”

For the rest of you hell spawns it means be humble and the world is yours. This kid is starting to get a little too big for his own good. Someone needs to knock this kid's rod in the dirt and take him down about 10 notches.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That sounds...gross. So many innuendos.

But yeah, he needs a serious reality check. I think he'll bring it on himself once he gets into the league and realizes the hard way that he's not god's gift to the world of football. Happens all the time. I think it might have happened to the Raiders once. I don't recall.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Key ingredients in the recipe for NFL BUST.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Please don't let the Titans pick him, please don't let the Titans pick him......:beg:

6. Agreed. I think we need to wait until round 2 for a QB.

7. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

this is a big red flag in my opinion. With all the allegations that he has gone through all he should be worried about is what he does on the field. and not trying to be an entertainer

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

There was an arrogant douche who thought he was the best player ever and then he got busted with purple drank.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah it's really sad what happened to Terrence Kiel. He had the world at his fingertips.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I was thinking Leaf but point is still valid.

11. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

haha, i was thinking russell...

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Newton is catching some major crap from these comments. And for good reason. Hope he learned his lesson.

13. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Ryan Mallett's stock is dropping through the floor for his alleged personality issues, but yet Newton's sky rockets despite the fact that he's got a hell of a lot more red flags over his personality.

Still, like with Vince Young before him, there will be a team stupid enough to believe the hype.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

That there will...

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Mallet's dogged by drug use allegations that haven't really been talked about since there's no solid proof. People hint at it here and there but that's about it. I'd expect thats the real reason his stock is dropping, with "personality issues" being the catch-all excuse.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Loved Pioli's comments about Newton today...

Said he wouldn't draft a player that wants to concentrate on being an entertainer and an icon, but he appreciates the honesty. lol...

17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Don't think he's the only one with that train of thought.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

True...I wish more would come out and say it...

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The people surrounding this ass-clown are the ones feeding that ego. You got all of Auburn willing to lie and make whatever shady freaking deals they need to give them a shot at the championship, and he brought it home for them. Dude is a god there now. They probably throw down freaking rose pedals where he walks and feed him grapes while he looks over a fellow student's shoulder for some answers.

An icon... what a damn joke. Can't wait to see what dumbass GM falls for this guy.

20. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

No doubt Dan Snyder will be lining him up for the Redskins should he fall to pick 10 :violent04: