Buccaneers CB Aqib Talib Says His Mother Fired All The Shots

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib has been busy preparing a vigorous defense of charges that he fired gun shots at his sister’s boyfriend but finally surrendered to Texas police Tuesday morning on felony arrest warrant. Talib, 25, has retained law firms from two states and hired a Dallas private investigator who has questioned neighbors that witnessed the March 21 shooting that rattled the quiet subdivision of Charleston Commons. He posted $25,000 bail and was released after spending about two hours being booked in the Garland jail. Talib and his mother, Okolo, are charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after police say they took turns firing gun shots at Shannon Billings, 40, who describes himself as the common-law husband of Talib’s sister, Saran. Although Talib’s attorneys declined comment Wednesday, privately he’s been adamant that he did not fire a weapon during the domestic disturbance and told Clint Bowen, a co-defensive coordinator during his career at the University of Kansas, that only his mom pulled the trigger. “I talked to Aqib two days ago," Bowen said. "I told him, 'I just read something about you firing a gun.' He said, 'Man, I didn't do a thing. It'll all come out soon.' He just kept saying that...He said, 'I didn't do that. That was my mom. It's all going to come out.'''

Source: St. Petersburg Times

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

WOW. He better not be bullcraping about this.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

way to throw your mother under the bus

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Shenanigans

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Damn dude just threw his mom under the bus and then reversed it back on her

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

holy crap ........... he's the lowest of the low

7. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

speechless

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i was gonna say this....only it was gonna start with DAMN

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oh come on, his mom/lawyer told him to say that. Even though these aren't the brightest people in the world, either they or their lawyer clearly recognized that its a lot better for everyone involved if moms takes the rap and Aqib walks. He's not "throwing his mother under the bus", they are trying to do what they can to keep $$ coming into the family.

10. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

of course he threw her under the bus and of course shes going to say it was all her you know why...........He makes millions and millions of dollars and she will get what like a few years in jail and im sure he will take care of her as long as he has money which will be for only a few years after he leaves the NFL

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

:word:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT. Moms is more than happy to take the rap for her baby...as long as the dough keeps flowing in!

13. bambam

bambam Rookie

Like he said it'll all come out in the end

14. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Momma said foosball is the devil.

15. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

So "my mom fired all the shots" is the good excuse?

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Thats right. Problem?

[​IMG]

17. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

LMFAO, this is funny to me. I hope he goes to jail for a long time after pulling this bullcrap he's scum.

18. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Cops had enough to arrest both, might be tough to get out of it with only his high-character mother as support for his story.

19. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Momma is gone knock you out!