FINALLY A Season Ticket Holder!!!!

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by HailttRedskins, Apr 2, 2011.

1. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Most of you know the past couple of seasons I've been purchasing season tickets through a friend of mine who owns two sets (his and his fathers). I've been sitting in the upper level at the 50 yard line, so easily beautiful seats.

At around the end of this past season, close to a week before the Giants home game (at FedexField) I received a letter stating my name had finally come off the wait list. Took a total of about 12 years, which is just about cut in half from the normal wait.

I'm guessing a mixture of terrible teams to the economy has helped with that, so in a way I'm grateful, but at the same time it's sad to see, but I guess you have to get them one way or another.

Anyways thought I had mentioned it here, but I didn't, anyways pretty awesome, minus the pretty penny we have to pay, but I honestly feel this team will get it going being we have a good coach and no longer a POS GM in Vinny Cerrato.

I did get a chuckle how it said, "Join coach Mike Shanahan and quarterback Donovan McNabb in 2011."

[​IMG]

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Congrats, now there just has to be football otherwise it kinda sucks.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Congrats dude!

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Congratulations! 12 years! I had no idea it took that long to get season tickets.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Good coach. Ha! Did it come with a time machine and sell Bronco's season tix?
    Congrats

6. HailttRedskins

It usually takes 20 years to get them, but because of the bad seasons and economy I'm guessing that's why it took so less. We got offered them when Fedex Field opened in 1997, but couldn't afford them then.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

So if you refuse (as you did in 1997,) do you go back to the bottom?

8. HailttRedskins

Yup, that's exactly how it works. Some people have the odd assumption, such as my brothers girlfriend, that if they decline they can still buy them anytime they want.

Bunch of idiots I tell ya.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Wimmins......:tsk:

Congrats though dude.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

congrats man

11. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Congrats mate, hoping to get over for another game myself if there is games of course

12. HailttRedskins

Thanks. Yeah there should be some games, at least I would think so.

13. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

congrats dude

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

kudos my man. now make sure you're nice to all the eagles fans that invade your stadium every year. :icon_wink:

15. HailttRedskins

This isn't Nationals Park smeagle.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

that hasnt mattered the last 10yrs. skins fans are all too quick to put their tix up on stub hub and eagles fans buy them in bunches.

much like you guys used to do in the 70's to mid 80's when the eagles sucked minus the vermeil days and while at the vet.

17. HailttRedskins

Our fans are just weak snitches, I find myself talking more crap to our own "fans" now than I do opposing fans, just sick of the fake people. Either stick with the team when they are bad or GTFO.

I've been on the waitlist forever thanks to people like that who only want to show up when they are winning.

I remember some fan snitching about more Steelers fans than Redskins fans during the MNF game in 08. Guess what, they had sold their tickets to the game as well, like how are you going to snitch?

Anyways though, it hasn't been bad with your fans, the last time I remember more Eagles fans than Redskins fans was the game in 03 I think it was? Where they had to use tear gas and it got on the field and players got sick. I'm sure you remember it.

Last couple of years, including last year it wasn't bad, just once we start losing everyone for the most part leaves so it appears there are more.

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Congrats dude have fun

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

well yeah i'm not saying more eagles fans per say, just stating there's a strong presense of us there. yes i was there in 03. i was sitting front row behind the skins bench yelling at trotter all game. the upper level looked like a mess.

20. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I was there two seasons ago, we won 17-0. Was a SNF game. Most of the redskins fans were great, and hilarious.. All talking crap about their own team. lol. Was so damn cold that night, lol.

Congrats though man. I know I've looked up for my friends on becoming season ticket holders back in like 2004, thats when I seen the wait list was years and years.