2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I'm looking forward to Carolina's next pick. I'm looking to make up for the Paea pick here in the second round.

2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Dammit, 86Ward! Dalton was going to Carolina!

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

:wink:

Thought Dalton would be good value and a nice start to "rebuild" the Seahawks offense.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  4. Dan McGwire V2.0 is still available......:icon_cheesygrin:

5. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I'm not taking the guy from Wisconsin. If he was available in the 7th round, I don't think I'd take him.

6. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

In typical Raven fashion i went with value over need, at least this yr needs. Birk has regressed, i still feel like if we get Gaither back and we get healthy as a whole we can get by with him for a yr but Wisniewski is a player who can play from day 1, very sound player who's stronger and more physical then given credit for though he's not a mauler.

7. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Good pick. I was really hoping he'd slip to the Panthers, but I pretty much knew he wouldn't make it past teams like Seattle.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

No PM..

Ijalana is a project player at tackle, but he should find a way to contribute to Atlanta's line at G if need be

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  9. CStevenson13

Yeah thats my bad, i made my pick from work but they start blocking sites at times, by the time i tried to pm you it wouldnt let me back and i just got home.

Good pick for Atlanta, probably eventually upgrades their pass protection at tackle but certaintly can play some guard right away, especially since they have some free agents at the position that they may not want to spend alot on.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

New England has never been scared of older players, so Belichek should get a decade or so out of Watkins despite his somewhat advanced age. I'm stoked to get Watkins at this point, I was expecting to be looking elsewhere, but y'all made my choice for me. Great value with practically a 3rd rounder.

11. I can't mention him specifically but I'm talking about the dude from Arkansas.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah AJ I almost took Watkins instead

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

San Diego gets a player they were looking at as a consolation to Austin at 50 and they get him 11 picks later. They get a penetrating DT to go with the aggressive pass rusher they got in the first round. They would very happy with this pick.

14. I don't see how Nevis fits in a 3-4 defense.

15. mike oxlong

You must be thinking of a traditional 3-4 big fat NT, Nevis is not that. He is a strong athletic aggressive beast that uses his strength to drive the players up the field, he will require another blocker allowing outside pass rushers to get to the ball. He never gives up on a play and is relentless. He will cause disruptions and require attention and fits SD's 3-4 who likes to use undersized strong Tackles on the Dline. After Williams, who was a schottenhiemer guy, Turner has gone smaller and stronger at DT and Nevis fits the mold of NT that they have used recently. (Ian Scott, Antonio Garay, Nwagbuo)

16. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Was hoping for Nevis with the Browns next pick

17. CStevenson13

I gave the Packers Carter because i thought he'd give them a legit pass rusher opposite Matthews, they have some decent guys at that spot but i see them more as rotational guys.

18. mike oxlong

Nevis is not the biggest DT, but dude is one of the strongest

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Tyrod Taylor.

BWAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!:word03:

Sorry, had to get that out.

20. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

What's that supposed to mean?