2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Yeah, Axion, my thoughts exactly. What the HELL was that pick? Once again Starkiller making questionable picks.

2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Carolina needs a QB. It would have been a 4 QB decision if Carolina had their pick from the 2nd round.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

All it means is that Taylor was graded as a lower round QB and you reached for him. There are several QBs I'd personally take over him a prospect. You took a very long-term guy for a more immediate need, so the pick doesn't really help the Panthers now at all.

That was the very gentile explanation.

4. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Tyrod Taylor is a long term project who is likely to get drafted 4th round or later. Theres plenty of other QBs who will are better prospects then him and Taylor will not beat out clausen and Carolina would have been better served getting more defense

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Frankly, the Panthers should be worrying abou other areas on their team before QB. Clausen didn't help himself with his play, and I'm not a big dan of his, but he had a raw deal. He was being coached by a staff that was pretty much on their way out the door and basically going through the motions. He deserves another shot before drafting a QB and labeling him as Clausen's successor. Want to bring in a late round picking a veteran to push him? Fine. But if you are looking for his "successor," it won't be at this point in the draft.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It means Taylor sucks and was a reach beyond reaches.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

At the very least if they are in fact looking for a successor at this point, Taylor shouldnt even be in the discussion.

8. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I didn't say i thought Taylor was going to start right away. Give Clausen a chance. When he falls flat on his ass, give Taylor some playing time.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I wasn't expecting to be picking for Cincy, but I decided to go with a continuation of their offensive skill player overhaul with my #2 RB this year, Ryan Williams. They don't know if Bensins coming back, and even if he does, Williams would be a nice more explosive compliment to his grinding style. If their new passing game falters they're going to need a quality back, and in a lot of ways I like Williams better than Ingram even. I kind of wanted to give them an OL but there's not anyone around that I'd take at this point, so I went with the top player I felt was still on the board, and he fills a position of need to boot.

10. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I took Foster to continue the overhaul of the Broncos defense. Not sure if he'll end up inside or out but its a need either way.

11. Taylor is a late-rounder at best starkiller.

He's just a bigger version of Armanti Edwards. Like Edwards.....Taylor could project to a WR in the NFL.

How could you justify taking Taylor over Ryan Mallett?

Sorry A.J. for mentioning his name......but that kid just doesn't get it.

12. At this point in the draft.....the Arkansas kid would be much better value than Taylor.....regardless of how I feel about his character.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No worries, that rule is really only important early on, at this point Id say go for it since everyone talks about "that guy from____" anyway, its not like theres any difference between that and a proper name.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Starkiller seriously wtf. That's two players back to back that stand a better chance of going undrafted than going in the 3rd.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

As much as I dislike Mallet there's way too much potential there for a QB desperate team to pass on at this point. He's a first round NFL talent with a Pop Warner head, and if Arizona can get him ironed out they're sitting on the steal of the draft.

16. misfitz

Starkiller is playing games now Buffalo without a doubt would have taken mallett there and hes just freaking around cause people were busting his balls i say we remove him from the game because hes trying to ruin it

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I grabbed DeMarco Murray for Cleveland. It's not the biggest need, but running back is a weak spot behind Hillis. Who knows if Hardesty will come back strong - there's a lot invested in him.

Tom Heckert will select the best player available will all of Cleveland's picks. I think Murray has some star potential and can play a diverse role. Move him around; he can catch, and the Browns will be all about players who can catch the football from now on.

18. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I didn't grab Ryan Mallett for Buffalo because I drafted Christian Ponder for them in the 2nd round. I almost picked DeMarco Murray but Buffalo has a halfway decent RB corps. I think Buffalo needs help with special teams. To tell you the truth, I thought Mallett was already off the board.

19. misfitz

but seriously man sanzanbacher hes like the 45th ranked WR in the draft i really hope your messing around with your picks

was being sarcastic about 45th but theres about 20+ receivers that will go before him

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  20. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Somebody take Buffalo for me. I will admit, I screwed up with the Sanzenbacher pick.