2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Sanzenbacher??????? WTF? Starkiller has seriously made like maybe 1 decent pick. This dude must be google whacking these prospects and not really putting forth any understanding of the teams he is picking for, including his favorite team.

2. lol Starkiller is ruining this thing. Taking Tyrod Taylor in rd. 3 is a joke.

3. good pick for the Bengals Jackson!

4. mike oxlong

it is a joke, and that's more plausible than Sanzenbacher being drafted period. I agree with your statement completely.

5. I love this pick Snowman. I will admit i've never been a big fan of Hardesty but this will add some explosion to the offense. Great pick man!

6. I'd like the Bills since he wants out.

Taking Sanzenbacher is a joke and he has made an abortion out of this game.

7. mike oxlong

it's more like a botched abortion, at least an abortion accomplishes its set out goal.

Did you understand my reasoning behind taking Nevis for SD?

8. Yeah. I did after you explained it. Like you said when I think of 3-4 NT's I think of space eaters. Nevis is a penetration type DT.

9. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

So is everyone willing to keep going past this round?

10. mike oxlong

I am CS and I say we remove Taylor and put Stanzi now that Mallet is gone and take out Sanzenbacher and put in Randall Cobb to at least keep the same positions. At least that would better picks for their positions.

Axion can I get a ruling?

11. The above makes good sense.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  12. CStevenson13

I think thats an excellent idea, the whole draft has been legit and the way people have drafted with great purpose and not sacrifice value has been great but those 2 picks kind of taint that.

13. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I was thinking about Marcus Gilbert for Denver too.

14. CStevenson13

Love that pick JJ, you get a quality RT in the 3rd in Gilbert that'll open holes in the run game and be more then serviceable in pass protection.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Done

It seems like everyones still pretty into it, this thing has been purring right along like a happy cat so far, with a couple minor exceptions. I see no reason not to keep going, at the minimum we've got enough people who are really really into it that if a couple people wanted to drop out, I'd wager their teams would get snapped up quick and we'd keep chugging right along. Pat yourselves all on the back.

I have no problem changing Stanzenbacher since he's already given up the team, but Starkiller will have to give the ok for changing Taylor unless he's giving up all together. As inexplicable as it may seem to be to, well, everyone else, it's his team and he can draft for them as he sees fit. Otherwise this whole game is kind of pointless, and it is just that when it boils down to it, a game for fun to kill some offseason time.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I changed it to Cobb but then it occurred to me that adam should get the choice since he's taking over the team, so this one time :icon_cheesygrin: I'll let an owner change the pick late. Extenuating circumstances and whatnot.

17. Cobb sounds great to me. He is exactly what the Bills could use on offense. Great value at the bottom of round 3 as well.

18. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Would anyone want Chicago if I gave them up? I might be screwing up the other picks because I'm trying to think for more than one team.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Sure I'll take them.

Went with Kenrick Ellis for NE, not a huge need, but their whole line is getting very old, WIlforks 30, one Warren is 30 and the other is 33, and they dont have much behind them. Fat dudes dont last long past 30 generally. This pick and the Heyward pick bring young fresh talented bodies into the mix on their line, and the line a major key to their whole defensive theory. Their 34 is reliant on the big body space eaters up front, and Ellis fits that bill to a T. If it wasn't for character concerns (which is seemingly never a consideration that slows down NE) he'd probably be thought of as a potential first rounder for 34 teams.

I did consider other routes, especially since there's another NT I like that will likely be there with their next pick (and maybe even Ellis would have), but...I didn't do it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  20. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Go ahead and take them. I've been screwing them up since the 1st round. Just so everyone knows, the only team I'm drafting for anymore in Carolina.