2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

hes better against the run and a better tackler then smith

2. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Most definetely! he's a strong guy for a corner!

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

So andy was pm'ed, his pick expired at 3:00pm and his profile says he was here at 4:35pm and he didn't even bother to make his pick. I'll post the pick in a minute.

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I took Doss for the Jets. The only reason Doss is available is that he needs to mature and add size. The guy catches everything thrown his way. I think the Jets messed up their first pick at 30 by passing on a NT (Phil Taylor) and thus not having a pick until 94, means they missed out on Powe and Ellis. With no NT worth drafting at 94, Jets take a shot on Doss who in a couple years could be a star.

Andy can't snitch this time, he was pm'ed and on the site after his time expired and never made a pick.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

There are some lesser talented NT's I would take over Powe. IMO he is Gabe Watson V2

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So Im proposing that if a participant times out on 2 consecutive picks that their teams are "contracted" and up for grabs or open for community picks. Looking back this, or something similar, should probably be in the original rules and will be next time.

Whaddya think? It's a little late in the process, but I think its reasonable. The PM system alone should make timing out on a pick a non-occurence, but crap does happen every now and then, so I say we make it twice (consecutive) and you're out. Non-retroactive.

7. misfitz

very reasonable

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I like the idea AJ but if that's the idea then the pm system needs to be overused. Some of the contestants don't know how to use the system. But if we choose the most active of the players to make sure that pms are sent then go for it.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Ballard is good value there. I was deciding between him and Bailey for the Steelers.

10. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

It was gonna be between those 2 for me too, Bailey has a higher upside, Ballard is a bit safer.

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Was hoping one of the two wasn't taken when Cleveland picks next round..both good picks at this point.

12. misfitz

ballard is an absolute steal here i would have taken him but i already had a new 3-4 DE and my other starter is justin smith and on Jags i had gotten cam jordan so i was basically set with both teams. Ballard will be a second round pick imo

13. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I took Stanzi with the comp pick because the Panthers need to straighten up their QB situation. I don't think Stanzi, Taylor, Clausen, Moore, and Pike could all make the roster. Taylor and Pike would get put on the Practice squad.

With the 4th round pick, I got Jurrel Casey because the Panthers need a lot of help on Defensive Line, with the impending departure of Charles Johnson.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

If someone wants to make Seattle's pick, feel free. I won't have my charts on front of me for a little while. On the road right now...

15. Took a stab and selected Buster Skrine for ya.

He's been flying up draft boards lately with his excellent combine and off-season workouts. Shows impressive speed and strength for his size.

Could project into a nickel back or even a #2 CB.

Feel free to change the pick if you disagree.

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Taylor than Stanzi? Yeah.....

17. this entire post makes no sense.

You're going to try and sneak a 3rd rounder on to the practice squad?= not happening

you're going to use up 2/7 practice squad spots on QB?

Casey is a DT not a DE.

18. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

#1. The QB plan is only for if they don't trade a QB.

#2. He'd move if Johnson left. If Johnson stays, Casey'd be a welcome addition to a talent-depleted pool of DTs.

19. a 6'0 flat 300 pound DE?

20. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Is there evidence that it wouldn't work?