Kobe Bryant Fined $100,000 For Gay Slur

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was fined $100,000 by the NBA on Wednesday for a homophobic slur that commissioner David Stern called "offensive and inexcusable."After receiving a technical foul during Tuesday's game against the San Antonio Spurs, Bryant stormed to the bench, hit his seat before sitting down, threw a towel and then yelled "Bennie!" toward referee Bernie Adams. Bryant then leaned back and muttered a gay slur.The episode was caught on camera on TNT's national telecast, prompting announcer Steve Kerr to say: "You might wanna take the cameras off of him right now, for the children watching from home."

Source: ESPN

2. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

Next time he does it he better put his hand over his mouth. Cameras are always on...

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Lol like he didn't already know that though

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

big freaking deal. he called someone a happy. try worrying about the utter crap being played on the court before worrying about what someone says

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Bernie Adams owns a harley?

6. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

wow this is bullcrap i hate this politically correct bullcrap. Ive heard Gays refer to themselves as Fags im sure you go up to a typical gay person and ask them if they really care if he said that word in frustration 90% wouldnt care its the 10% that want to make a big deal about basically anything they can to advance their agenda.

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

YESSSS!!!!

REP a dozen times over if I could.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Well since both are black men maybe Bryant should have just called him a "N*****" (i don't even like typing that word) and he would've avoided all of this.

:icon_rolleyes:

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Pretty happy he got fined here. I mean as a professional athlete you always need to be careful of what you say especially if you think the cameras are going to be on you. hope he learned his lesson

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

So a homophobe, a rapist, and a black guy walk into a bar, and everyone's like "Can I have your autograph, Kobe?

1 person likes this.
  11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

12. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Oh come on, its really not that big a deal.

Go watch Boondock Saints, you will hear this and a thousand other words and racist remarks a hundred times over, and a bunch of gay people love that movie.

Oh well, famous person said it, FINE HIM!

Yay politically correct America...