2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Picked up Chris Culliver for the Raiders and Lawrence Wilson for the Colts.

Culliver offers a nice blend of size and speed at the safety position. He could be an eventual replacement for impending FA Michael Huff.

Wilson fits the mold as fast and undersized linebacker in the Colts' defense.

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Went with Brewer for the Eagles for their second pick of the 4th. He's definitely a project and will take at least a couple years before being a Tackle in the NFL, but has the tools and skills to play Guard right away, projected third rounder is a steal for the Eagles here and they are happy to Have Moffit and Brewer, a couple of big boys from the big 10 as their olinemen out of this draft thus far.

3. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

im an idiot. i got on, and seen the message from mike, and i checked the thread, and seen where bigblue said my window had passed, and thought he made the pick for me, i thought i thanked him here for doing so, but i dont see it anywhere now.. and then didnt realize i had both picks, so my fault.

4. Its cool dude.....I just made your two picks for you a little while ago. :icon_cool:

1 person likes this.
  5. Wow..... a lot of people should be skipped by now.

Did misfitz ever receive a PM regarding his pick for the Jaguars?

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well, we both actually had his Jags pick but I don't think either of us realized it until just now. :icon_cheesygrin:

The process overall seems to be slowing down a lot, how many people want to keep going? It would be better to finish the round strong and call it good if interest is waning, rather than letting it slowly sputter and die over another round or two IMO.

7. I thought it was just for his previous pick......lol

I for one want this to keep going beyond the fourth round. We'll see how the reminder of this round goes.

8. grabbed Lee Ziemba for the Bills. The guy can play RT and LT and that is good news for the Bills who desperately need o.line help.

9. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

For me it was between Marsh and Carmichael, needed some depth and ability at that position with the free agents we have at that position. I think Carmichael has starter ability and at the least can be a good nickel if we decided not retain any of our free agents and we kicked Webb outside.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Niles Paul, total luxury pick at this point. Dude has all the potential and talent in the world but needs work with both his head and game. If Belichek can get him to get his crap together its a huge steal, and the situation in New England is as conducive as any to a player getting their crap together. Good coaching, legit vets to learn the ins and outs of the NFL from, little pressure to produce right away...if he can't make it here he ain't gonna make it.

11. mike oxlong

no comments about getting Brewer in the late 4th round? I thought that was a steal.

12. I thought Brewer was a nice value pick. I thought the same with my Jordan Cameron pick.

13. almost every pick lately has been a steal

14. Can't wait 'till the fifth round. :icon_cool:

I usually do my best work in the later rounds in these drafts.

15. mike oxlong

Yeah, I was looking at Cameron as well and knew that he would go if I didn't pick him. Nice call. I guess we have to wait until the other side of the world wakes up because Andy can't pm his picks to anyone. ugh.

16. It was down to Cameron and Virgil Green.

I went with Cameron mainly because of his basketball background. Those type of TE's are always intriguing to me.

They have great size and speed but they also have great balance and natural footwork. They also can catch in heavy traffic.

He was among the leaders in every drill at the combine. He could ultimately be better than Jimmy Graham.....another former basketball star who played TE in his final year at Miami.

17. mike oxlong

ever since Gates, lol

18. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

If the actual draft lines up like this its gonna be alot of quality rb's available late. I knew there would be but not to this extent.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Went with Schilling for the Bears, he should start inside but has the tools to move to tackle eventually. I Thought about RB, they could use someone young and explosive behind Forte and Taylor doesnt have a lot longer in the league, but their Oline is in shambles and Im pretty sure I can fill RB in the next round without too much of a drop in the talent pool.

20. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Damn I missed out on this :(