Agent Says Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett "Really Sick" During Panthers Visit

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Ryan Mallett was ill during his April 9 visit with the Carolina Panthers and had to cancel most of the day's meetings, one of his agents said Wednesday. Reports have circulated that Mallett, who was arrested for public intoxication in March 2009, was ill because he had stayed out late the night before. The agent, J.R. Carroll, denied that. Carroll said Mallett had dinner in Carolina with Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones, the two walked around downtown Charlotte, and Mallett headed back to his hotel room at about 10 p.m. ET, when he didn't feel well. Carroll said Mallett met with Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski the next morning but was too sick to go on with any other meetings. "I'm pretty sure Ryan was really, really sick," Carroll said. "He told me he was sick the night before. And I know Ryan wasn't out late [that] night. I know that for sure. He's not an idiot." A Panthers official said Mallett had dinner with Carolina's coaches the evening he arrived and informed a staff member the next morning at a scheduled breakfast that he had been sick all night with nausea. "We told Ryan that, if he was ill, to remain in his room as long as the nausea existed," the official said. "We took him to the airport later that afternoon for his scheduled flight."

Source: ESPN

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Withdraw is a MF'er.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

:icon_rolleyes:

just feeding into it

4. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Who cares he's gonna be a hell of a QB.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I find it ironic that we now hate on players for doing things that made them celebrated back in the day. The fans and general public used to love guys like Namath and Bradshaw that went out and got crapfaced in public and unapologetically ran through groupies like a hot knife through butter. Now it's "character issues" and "red flags",

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I totally agree AJ ....I don't have problems with there red flags it character issues as along it doesn't affect his play

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

This...and those are two pretty damn good QBs, Bradshaw had how many SB's 4?

8. I think this is a load of crap. someone is trying to make Mallett look badly. The Panther have come out and said that the story wasn't true and they have nothing to gain from saying it's not true.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_rolleyes:

Seriously, the crap is getting old...

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

“There is absolutely no truth to the unfounded and irresponsible report that Ryan skipped his visit with the Carolina Panthers on April 9 because he was too sick after a late night out on the town the previous night. Rather, Ryan had dinner with club officials from the Panthers on the evening of April 8 and then returned to his hotel that evening along with Julio Jones. Ryan and Julio were together the entire time that evening until Ryan and Julio turned in for the night around 10:00 — 10:30 pm.

“Upon returning to his hotel room, Ryan became ill and was up most of the night and into the morning with flu-like symptoms. Keep in mind that this was Ryan’s fourth team visit in the previous week and that Ryan had crisscrossed the country with stops in Cincinnati, Fayetteville, Seattle, Fayetteville again and Minneapolis before Charlotte. Nevertheless, Ryan met with Panthers representatives on the morning of April 9 as scheduled and informed the club at that time that he was extremely sick. Carolina officials decided to send Ryan back to his hotel room for some medicine and additional rest in hopes that they could meet with Ryan later that morning. Ryan did as instructed and contacted Panther officials later that morning to resume his meetings with club officials. However, given that Ryan was still sick, Carolina officials decided to cancel the remainder of Ryan’s visit with the team.”

The Panthers have corroborated that version of the events, in an e-mail to PFT: “Ryan Mallett came for a visit to Charlotte two weeks ago. He had dinner with our coaches the evening he arrived and came down from his hotel room for a scheduled breakfast meeting the following morning upon which time he informed a staff member that he had been sick all night with nausea. We told Ryan that if he was ill to remain in his room as long as the nausea existed. We took him to the airport later that afternoon for his scheduled flight.”

Agents, Panthers respond to Mallett report | ProFootballTalk

11. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

LMFAO, if I was a GM I would draft Ryan Mallett weather he did drugs or not...

12. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I wonder what the media's beef is with Mallett...

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

They really want him to FAIL.