Top 10 O.line Rankings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Apr 27, 2011.

1. OT:

1. Tyron Smith (USC)

[​IMG]

Projection: 9th overall

Where I would take him: ?

Smith has rare athleticism. The issue with him is he hasn't ever played LT. He has everything you look for in a LT though.

2. Anthony Costanzo (Boston College)

[​IMG]

Projection: 13th overall

Costanzo has everything you look for in an OT. The question is if he will play RT or LT. Some think he fits in better at RT. The guy is smart and definitely someone you'd want on your team.

3. Gabe Carimi (Wisconsin)

[​IMG]

Projection: 21st overall

Where I would take him: 1st-2nd

Carimi is a RT all the way. He is a strong player who can also pass block but lacks the range to play LT.

4. Derek Sherrod (Miss. St.)

[​IMG]

Projection: 29th overall

Sherrod is a great player. He can play LT and RT. Alot of people dislike his passive demeanor.

5. Nate Solder (Colorado)

[​IMG]

Projection: 22nd overall

Where I would take him: 1st-2nd

Solder has alot of potential. However, when he doesn't play with technique he gets beaten. When he plays with technique he is an elite prospect.

6. James Carpenter (Alabama)

[​IMG]

Projection: 2nd round

Will likely have to move to RT in the pros. Plays with good technique and is a great run blocker.

7. Marcus Gilbert (Florida)

[​IMG]

Projection: 3rd round

Where I would take him: 3rd-4th

is a RT only. He is a strong player and is an attribute in the run game. He should be able to start straight away for someone.

8. Joseph Barksdale (LSU)

[​IMG]

Projection: 4th round

Where I would take him: 3rd

Barksdale is an athletic player who can play LT. He lacks the tenacity and leg drive to be an attribute in the run game ruling a move to the right side out of the question.

9. Marcus Cannon (TCU)

[​IMG]

Projection: 4th-5th round

Where I would take him: 3rd-4th round

Cannon in my mind is a 2nd rounder. However, he has a cancerous lump in his groin area and that is concerning. He is a huge guy with fantastic strength. He has spectacular feet for someone of his size. He does need to get in better shape but if he can do that should have no problem being a great player.

10. Jason Pinkston (Pitt)

[​IMG]

Pinkston is a good prospect who will be a RT in the NFL. He is short for an OT but at RT should be fine. He is a nice run blocker. He hasn't played o.line for long and does need some refinement.

OG:

1. Mike Pouncey (Florida)

[​IMG]

Projection: 19th overall

Where I would take him: 2nd round

Pouncey is a great prospect don't get me wrong but he isn't nearly as good as his brother. He gets top heavy at times and needs some technique work. However, overall he is a great blocker and should have no problem starting for a team quickly.

2. Danny Watkins (Baylor)

[​IMG]

Projection: 32nd overall

He hasn't been playing football for long and is older than your average prospect but he is a great prospect. He is a strong guy that plays with alot of tenacity about him.

3. Ben Ijalana (Villanova)

[​IMG]

Ijalana is a strong player who run blocks very well but also has great athletic ability.

4. Will Rackley (Lehigh)

Rackley was a man amongst boys in D1AA. He plays with great technique, strength, and athletic ability. He is a great prospect.

5. John Moffitt (Wisconsin)

[​IMG]

Projection: 2nd-3rd round

Where I would take him: 2nd-3rd round

this guy plays with a ton of tenacity and is a guy I really really like. He is arguably the best run blocker in the draft.

6. Orlando Franklin (Miami U.)

[​IMG]

Projection: 2nd

Franklin has alot of potential. He doesn't really fit outside, at least at LT. He could move inside where his size and strength would be put to good use.

7. Clint Boling (UGA)

[​IMG]

Projection: 2nd-3rd

Boling has played both OT and OG at UGA. He was great at both. Some consider him a tweener which is not good for him. He is a smart player.

8. Zach Hurd (UConn)

[​IMG]

Projection: 4th

Hurd is a great run blocker. He isn't yet a smart player but that should be developed.

9. Andrew Jackson (Fresno St.)

[​IMG]

Projection: 5th round

Jackson is a OG who is athletic and can run block. His issue is footwork.

10. Keith Williams (Nebraska)

[​IMG]

Projection: 5th-6th

Where I would take him: 6th

Is a great run blocker. Decent pass protector but will sometimes get too top heavy.

C:

1. Stefen Wisniewski (Penn. St.)

[​IMG]

Projection: 2nd

Wisniewski has great pedigree and is your typical starting linemen. He should play very quickly.

2. Rodney Hudson (FSU)

[​IMG]

Projection: 2nd-3rd round

Where I would take him: 2nd round

Has great agility for the position. Is strong at the POA. His size might be an issue with some teams.

3. Kristofer O'dowd (USC)

[​IMG]

O'dowd is a talented C but is often injured. He started all 4 years at USC. He would fit in well with a zone scheme because of his lack of anchoring ability.

4. Brandon Fusco (Slippery Rock)

[​IMG]

Projection: 4th

Is a great player who plays with everything you want in a starting C.

5. Jason Kelce (Cincy)

[​IMG]

Projection: 5th

Kelce is a great prospect. He is a smaller guy so he probably will only play in a zone scheme.

6. Zane Taylor (Utah)

[​IMG]

Projection: 5th

He isn't very agile but has everything else you look for in a center.

7. Jake Kirkpatrick (TCU)

[​IMG]

Projection: 6th-7th

Where I would take him: 5th

Kirpatrick has alot of potential. He is a great run blocker but lacks an ability to anchor.

8. Alex Linnenkohl (Oregon St.)

[​IMG]

Projection: 6th-7th

Where I would take him: 5th-6th

Linnenkohl is a guy I really like. He is tough and smart. His best attribute is his agility. He struggles with latching on to defenders though.

9. Tim Barnes (Missouri)

[​IMG]

Projection: 6th

Where I would take him: 6th

Barnes best attribute is his agility. He struggles with a lack of physicality though. A lot of people are very high on him.

10. Zach Williams (Washington St.)

[​IMG]

Projection: 7th

Williams played very well at the East-West shrine game. Williams is very agile but struggles with technique.

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

No please no we don't want tryone pkeae ni

3. :confused: what?

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think barksdale might be a 6th-7th round pick, he like ciron black were at one time first round, even top 10 hopefuls and managed to not even come close to living up to their hype or measurables.

LSU linemen tend to plummet on draft day lately....herman johnson and ciron black were better players than barksdale imo and im pretty sure johnson isnt getting any looks in AZ and im not even sure if ciron black (who i truly thought was going to be great) is even in the league right now.

nice work on the rest of the list....im not sure if i like carpenter as a T or G yet

5. the difference between Barskdale and Black and Johnson is Barksdale isn't fat or have wrecked knees.

Johnson just couldn't keep his weight under control that's been his biggest issue in the league.

Black had no knees.

Thanks Man.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah, i think barksdale is only a LT prospect...he has no use at RT or guard. I think he could be a solid backup as a LT on a team like the colts or saints that need a quick pass block because he has a seriously lack of strength to run block too much or sustain blocks for long...his stock kind of reminds me of selvish capers from last year