2011 GIF Mock Draft Contest Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by mike oxlong, Apr 8, 2011.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

We did this last year and we are doing it again this year with a Nice Bonus. There will be a Grand Prize winner this year.

The Grand Prize this year is 5,000 vCash donated from GIF, 1,000 vCash from each participant along with the latest EA Sports NCAA football game on your choice of gaming system supplied to the winner by Gridironfans.com

Discuss All things related to the 2011 Mock Draft Contest in this thread only.

Please only post your entries and tiebreaker answer here:

GIF's Official 2011 NFL Mock Draft Contest - Entry Thread Only

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. Looks like I got another mock draft contest to enter. :icon_cool:

Sounds good.

3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Just a note you have the wrong date/time (that's from last season's draft). This year's draft is on the 28th and I think at 7pm EST (don't hold me to the time, but it's what I've seen).

Also just for clarification is a perfect pick (right team and slot) worth 5 points? And for the in a row that's for perfect picks right? Also any points for picking the right guys who'll go in the first round? And do you get points if you had a guy going 32nd but he goes 1st or 2nd in the 2nd round?

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'm in, even if EA Sports still region lock their games :icon_sad:

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm in. Gotta try to repeat!! Great prizes! Thanks for setting it up again Mike.

6. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I'd try it. Is it 1st round only, or is it full draft mock?

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I believe it is first round only.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'm in. Nice prize package, too, SRW.

But can I get Madden instead when I win..? Lol

9. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Put me in

10. mike oxlong

I will fix the time, thank you

Yes perfect pick is worth 5 pts and yes in a row is perfect picks, no extra points for picking guys who will go in the first round, just what you see, first round only, no points if guy goes in second round. I will adjust the posts to reflect what you have brought up to further clarify. Thank you.

11. mike oxlong

Everything has been updated, If there are any more questions, please feel free to raise the concern. Otherwise, good luck to all entrants.

12. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Not to sound stupid, but how do I enter? Just post in the contest thread?

13. mike oxlong

Re read the last two sentences and click the link in the last sentence.

14. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

I will join. I have my top 10 figured out, but I'm still working on the later picks.

Also, I don't get why someone would put a placeholder post in the picks thread.

15. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

We should score the GIF Mock Draft 1st round also.

I could see doing it to get your picks on the 1st page. I started typing mine up and realized I was nowhere near ready, so I just put one in there to make sure I finish it today.

16. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

but why would it matter whether your picks are on the first page or the second page?

17. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

One less button to hit from the homepage if you plan on cfreaking it often. In the grand scheme of things it definitely doesn't matter.

18. mike oxlong

Some people didn't put an answer for the tiebreak question.

19. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Ill be happy if I get 5 picks right haha. This is a weird draft mainly because of no Free Agency.