Titans Select Washington QB Jake Locker (Rd.1, No.8)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by SRW, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the eighth overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Washington QB Jake Locker. Locker decided to return for his senior season and his erratic performance has certainly hurt his draft stock. An extremely gifted athlete, Locker's production does not match his talent. He possesses a cannon for an arm, but he is not an efficient passer. At this point, his greatest asset is his athleticism and it is unclear if he will ever be a starting quarterback at the next level. Also, Locker has a history of injuries due to his aggressive style of play.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. Called it......

But no way did I expect Locker to come off the board before Blaine Gabbert.

3. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

WOW. big surprise. big mistake. they coulda traded down 5 or 6 spots and still gotten him.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Surprising pick for where it occurred...I thought the Titans would trade down if they were going to take Locker.

5. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

Shocker of the draft. too high

I liked when Gruden compared him to Gannon. I would've had a great line to respond to that.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Reach... but let's be realistic. So was Newton and Gabbert. Only time will tell if any of these guys were worth it (like every other draft pick ever selected).

7. love ittttttttttttttt

gonna order my jersey as soon as I find out what his number will be.

They couldn't have traded down. Washington wanted him.

8. I think the term "reach pick" should be thrown out this year because the draft came before free agency this year.

Ponder at No. 12 was more of a shock but they needed a QB so I can understand.

9. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Not if the Redskins or Vikings wanted him.

10. soopacee

soopacee Rookie

im with ya brother lol

11. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

Oh, absolutely. They were all reaches. Teams took QBs too high because they needed QBs, and even though there weren't any elite QB prospects, they didn't care.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im just glad you guys hecked the Skins draft

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If I had to see Jake in a Redskins uniform I would've killed myself. It also would've ensured. That he would not succeed in the NFL.

As it sits, he goes to a team with a bona fide star at RB and solid playmaker at WR. Hopefully they have a decent OL because he'll need it for awhile.

Titans just became my second favorite team.