Lions Select Auburn DT Nick Fairley (Rd.1, No.13)

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 13th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select Auburn DT Nick Fairley. Fairley is coming off a career year in which he started the season hot and never let up through Auburn's national title game. He possesses the skills and athleticism to be used as a defensive tackle or two-gap end and has an enormous amount of upside. Fairley will be very productive at the next level if he improves the details of his game and works hard on and off the field.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Fairley and Suh?
    Oh crap.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nasty.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

SUh and Fairley is just ridiculous.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Doesn't mean crap when teams toss the ball and no one can stop them. This is Matt Millen like with Prince on the board.

6. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

They can get a CB in the 2nd. Plus having a best DT tandem is going to help the defense as a whole.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Suh and Fairley are both UTs. Plus Fairley is a one year wonder with a poor attitude.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Suh can play OverTackle.

Nasty, simply nast 4 man rotation of Suh, Fairley, William and SLH

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that Prince was there.

10. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

There are good CB's still available. I love this pick. Their DL just got silly enough that their corners shouldn't have to cover for very long anyway.

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Fairley is on the board. You can't NOT make this pick. There are still some DBs that might not be Prince but can still service in the secondary. OR maybe they shock the world and throw a BOAT LOAD of money at Aso and try to get him. Using Fairley and Suh as their base and selling that with a secondary they could have a great D could attract folks. I think 2-3 years and this team is a legit force in the NFL.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Surely you realize that if the DL hecks the OL up, everyone behind them benefits.

Suh, Fairley, and the others make this some serious crap. This is gonna be fun to watch.

And you know Suh is going to push Fairley. He won't allow him to take plays off.

13. great pick. They went value over need here but wow this is a nice tandem.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I was shocked as hell Nick Fairley fell down to the 13th overall pick because I thought he would be gone before that. Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley, and Kyle Vanden Bosch on that Lions D-Line? If I was a Lions fan, I would like the sound of that. What a steal for the Lions by getting Fairley.

15. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

I'm still shocked they didn't go oline. Suh and Fairley should be insane, but what about protecting Stafford?

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Agree with everyone in here, except mj. This was absolutely the right call. Suh + Fairley is like a freaking cheat code.

1 person likes this.
  17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Thats why there are 7 rounds in the draft.

18. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

If Fairley can prove the doubters wrong on his attitude, no one will be going down the middle of that Lions D for a long while. Amukamara may have been the more logical pick, but the combination of him with Suh was simply too much for them to turn down.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I think it's funny everyone is all on Fairley's nuts. Out of all the top prospects, I pegged him to be the biggest bust, even more so than Newton. But hey the value was there sure, but before the season, Prince was arguably the best DB in the nation. Unless I payscale is put into place before the picks get signed, I don't and won't like this pick. The Lions got a dirty lazy player, sounds like a 100 million dollar man to me.

20. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

That's all fine and dandy but just man up and re-bump this as soon as you see you're wrong.