1/4 Of Performers At Wrestlemania 7 Are Dead

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by mike oxlong, May 23, 2011.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

[​IMG]

As wrestlinginc.com points out, none of the 44 starters from the Super Bowl played in 1991 have passed away and only two of 44 boxers who held a championship belt that year are gone. At 58, Savage made it nearly a decade longer than some of his deceased colleagues.

Wrestling is fake and people make so much out of Football injuries, I think this graphic tells a different story.

2. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

It's really sad, I was just reading about this on Yahoo. Something REALLY needs to be done about this.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I know he's not on this list, but the death that hit me the hardest was Eddie Guerrero. All these wrestlers dieing so young is really hecked up. But crap the owner of the company clearly does the same steroids and performance enhancers that the wrestlers use, so it's hard to see anything being done to fix it.

4. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Did they forget Junk yard Dog and Rick Rude or were they not a part of that wrestlemania?

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Rude was with WCW and Dog was shortly retired after a final run with WCW also.

6. keep in mind that maybe the reason these wrestlers are dying sooner is what they do out of the ring. (drugs/alcohol/etc...) Some of these guys were just too big. (Andre the Giant)

7. andy82

Recreational Drugs, Painkillers, Alcohol, Growth Hormone, Steroids...

8. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

The way he's going, you may be able to add Jeff Hardy to a list of wrestlers that died too young before long. Sad to say.

This is a sad graphic to see. :/

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's only a matter of time for Hardy.

10. Steve12

He was my favorite wrestler when I was younger. Is he into drugs or something or you guys just talking about his in the ring stuff?

11. On September 11, 2009 Hardy was arrested on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription pills and possession of anabolic steroids, after a search of his house yielded 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine, and drug paraphernalia.[201] Over a year later, the district attorney announced that Hardy would likely plead guilty to the charges, though the court hearing is still pending.

12. Chipper10

Yeah. Drugs. He pretty much lost his main event status in TNA because of his inability to perform because .. he showed up doped out of his mind on pain killers, etc. Which, most is because of his in ring antics, but still..

13. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Hardy got kicked out of the WWE after 3 failed drug tests too. At least thats what I read, thats why he's in TNA.

He's going to die well before his time, sad to see.

14. Chipper10

It definitely is. I'm a huge Hardy fan. More so back in WWE, cause I cannot bring myself to watch TNA. Granted, WWE kills gimmicks and such, but still.

15. Steve12

Yea that heckin sucks.

16. andy82

Officially, I believe he's only failed drug tests twice and certainly didn't leave because he got kicked out, his contract ran out and he decided not to renew.

I don't think Jeff's issues are from his ring style, at least initially. His drug use has been public at least since the derailment of his first main event push back around 2002/3, so he's had known troubles for at least 8 years.

It's a shame though, the guy is widely loved and probably be an icon by now had his drug issues never occured.

17. Steve12

Hardy's match(I think it was a ladder match) on Raw or Smackdown with the Undertaker was awesome. One of my favorite matches ever. Sucks so see it all catching up to him like that.

18. Chipper10

That match was certainly epic. I loved it. Also the TLC Matches with E&C and Dudleys. Back in the days when the Tag Division was awesome. Hardy needs help, and I don't know that he's going to ge it. Definitely sucks for him, and for the fans.

19. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lckr9OLR2Ow]YouTube - ‪TNA - Jeff Hardy vs Sting - What?‬‏[/ame]

An absolute joke. A legend like Sting, you got to imagine just how freaking disgusted he was after this. This was a MAIN EVENT WORLD TITLE MATCH, at a PPV. You can only wish that this was all an act, and how TNA even let him wrestle and not replace him in some way, is beyond me.

20. Chipper10

Yeah. I don't know why they even let him walk out to the ring. It's sad.