Dallas Mavericks Vs Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Crowned, May 26, 2011.

?

Who will win the 2010/2011 NBA Finals ?

1. Dallas Mavericks

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Miami Heat

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Who you got?

2. Crowned

I got the Heat in 6, possibly 5. This will not go to 7.

3. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

i voted mavs but thats more wishful thinking than any kind of educated prediction

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Mavs yo.....in 6

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Neither they both suck. Pistons win in 5.

Okay so seriously though, Mavs in 7

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm loving Crowned right now and 2 all you Mav lovers....:2up:

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Heat.

8. Mavericks......

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

My heart says Dallas but my gut feeling is Miami.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Mavericks only because I hate the Heat more than I've ever hated any other sports team.

Also I like Dirk. But mostly I hate the Heat.

11. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Dallas in 5

12. Word.

The Bulls will be back next year. They seem to be the late 80's version rather than the '91 team when they dealt with the "Bad Boy" Pistons. They don't quite have the personnel like I thought they did to win a championship.

They need to build more around Derrick Rose to eventually slay the Miami Heat. They need to acquire another scorer to take some of the pressure off of Rose.

Acquiring O.J. Mayo from Memphis is something I would explore. He's a really good free throw shooter and can bank it from the outside.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

HATERS ....MOST OF THE LOT OF YA!!!!! Enjoy YOUR team sitting @ HOME.... :Loco:

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Come on, Sweets. The Mavs are 2-0 against the Heat during the regular season.

15. Crowned

So what, the Bulls were 3-0 against the Heat in the regular season. How did that work out for them? The Heat are playing way better then they were at any point of the regular season.

Bosh can't stop Dirk, but who can? You don't need to stop him. Just stop everyone else, and don't keep sending Dirk to the free throw line. Also in the same token, Dirk can't hold Bosh.

Marion can't stop Lebron from driving, and the Mavericks have absolutely no one that can body up and stop Wade. Remind you of 2006? It should. The Mavericks won't be able to just spread the Heat out and drill the 3 ball either, Miami is too athletic. If the Mavericks had Caron Butler I'd give them a chance, but they don't.

16. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Right, so all you gotta do is stop dirk. All the mavs gotta do is stop one of the big two and once that happens the Heat crumble like the lot of snitches they are because they have no depth.

17. Crowned

WTF? I said you don't have to stop Dirk.... Jesus freaking Christ why do I even type this crap up.

18. Crowned

That's How I'd attack it anyways but, If there's one thing Spoelstra can and likes to do, it's gameplan for the other teams best player. Ask Derrick rose. Before the series he was supposedly unguardable, but Miami smothered him into submission, and he shot sub-40% from the field. Plus a combination of Haslem, Lebron, and Bosh being thrown at Dirk is way better than what OKC was able to throw at him. It could limit him some, but his shot is unstoppable (7 ft fadeaway ftw). So don't worry about it too much, just focus on limiting everyone else in my opinion.

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

when are people going to realize that what a team does during the season doesn't transfer to the playoffs... :rolleyes:

no depth and in the finals....Pistons...(watching @ home) hahahahahaha

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  20. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

They don't have depth. They have a great trio and Chalmers is ok. After that they just kinda try not to blow it until James, Wade, and Bosh come back in. That's why they got them, so they didn't need depth.