Lions A Front-Runner To Land Free Agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

But you have to have more than defense to win now-days. They're making strides, and with Nnamdi added to the secondary, they'd have a very good defense. They have to hope Matt Stafford stays healthy, but the Lions are on their way from being the laughing stock..to making it tough in the NFC North.

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

even without stafford the offense was decent enough....calvin, pettigrew, and young will be real nice. they were decent with javid best hurt all year and not really cut out for an every down job, now they got a big, powerful runner in leshoure. things are really looking up.

if they get nnamdi, the weakness will be LBs but playing behind suh and fairley im not sure that even matters

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

nowdays teams turn it around fast. I also feel the Lions are on the verge of shinning. They got rid of Matt Millen and look how fast they have improved. Drafting high in the draft and getting the right people is crucial to rebuilding a team quickly. I think they can make the playoffs in a couple of years and when you are in anything goes. Their offense is getting stacked and their defense is getting scary. And the coach may be the next big coach. He did learn from a very good coach in Fisher. Got the tools now start building.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could really see the Cowboys jumping in here and taking Asomugha. They haven't made much noise lately and this could be that season they do it. I wouldn't be shocked if they got Nnamdi and Weddle to sure up that backend.