Saints RB Reggie Bush Blames Superdome Turf For His Injury Struggles

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 12, 2011.

1. In a recent interview with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez, Saints running back Reggie Bush blamed the turf at the Superdome for his injury struggles. "There's a big difference between playing on grass, and then you play on FieldTurf," Bush said. "Another part of it is just being unfortunate." Since appearing in all 16 contests as a rookie in 2006, Bush has missed 20 games due to various injuries, most to his knees and legs. Bush is expected to hit free agency after the Saints release him. It sounds like he may focus on potential suitors that play their home games on grbutt.

Source: Evan Silva: Twitter.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  2. If memory serves me correct.....didn't he break his leg last year in San Francisco?

If thats his thinking.....you could rule out the Colts. They too play on turf.

Teams like the Buccaneers could very well be in play. Don't rule out the Giants if Ahmad Bradshaw somehow gets away. Bush would give the Giants a weapon in the passing game they lacked at the position for the last five years.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
  3. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

He did break his leg in San Francisco. He's just making excuses, now. Whatta joke.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes not making excuses, hes not saying "im not a bust and i dont suck...its the turf", but turf can be blamed for injury, especially for a reggie bush kind of player. hes had some ligament issues, running on turf doesnt help that...might be a slight reach but it holds some truth

i want the steelers to go after him hard, when used properly the man is a scoring machine and so versatile

5. Chipper10

I understand that turf can be responsible for some injury, but to think that's his only reasoning. Seems more to me that he's trying to make excuses, because that's all we've seen from this guy as of late. Whatever the case, he's not a free agent .. lol. So they can go after him, but he and the Saints said they'd want to keep him, and he's mentioned taking the pay cut to stay. It's not like he's free game to anyone.

6. K Train

ive heard theres no way hes gonna take a paycut...he shouldnt really, hes never gonna make that kind of money again so they either pay him top dollar or they release him and he gets a market value contract

7. Chipper10

Where did you hear that? It's been reported a couple times that he will take a pay cut to stay in New Orleans. I've not seen or heard anything different in some time.

8. K Train

9. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

trade you him for harrison....straight up :icon_cheesygrin:

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rework his deal and I'd consider that...

11. K Train

id be inclined to take that offer with a renegotiated contract. harrison make an awful lot of money and is 32, why not...he might be the best LB in the league right now but he wont be the first one weve replaced

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

No and actually the OLB position on the Steelers D seems to be one of the "easier" positions to replace...lol.

13. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

hey reggie this isn't collage anymore...... pros don't make excuses