Five Teams Express Interest In Acquiring Giants DE Osi Umenyiora

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Just because Osi Umenyiora got permission from the Giants to seek a trade, doesn’t mean he’ll find one, but it does appear that he was able to find a few potential trade partners. The five teams that have expressed an interest are the St. Louis Rams, the San Diego Chargers, the Seattle Seahawks, the Denver Broncos and the Baltimore Ravens. It is not known which of the teams are the most interested, though a league source suggested the Ravens were unlikely and a source in Seattle said it was doubtful the Seahawks would be willing to give up a high pick and pay Umenyiora what he wants, too. A few sources believe the team to watch in this is the Rams, where the obvious tie is their coach - former Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. He knows what Umenyiora can do and how to use him, he knows Umenyiora will gladly play for him, and the Rams reportedly have plenty of cap room to spend, but for now, though, a team source said the Giants are holding firm to their demand that they get a first-round pick in return - a return they don’t seem likely to ever get.

Source: NY Daily News

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Bolts could be a nice fit

3. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

CHARGERS

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Ugh, Atlanta wtf?

5. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I would love to see him in Black and Gold but not for a 1st round pick. For what the Ginats are asking I can see why only 5 teams are interested.

6. nyg hitstick

nyg hitstick Special Teamer

I don't think Atlanta even has a 1st Rd pick next year?

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Rams does make the most sense, but no one in their right mind should give up a freaking first. Giants playing the role of the Eagles? Trying to find half goobered suitors.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

His age here is the key. Just won't happen unless a contender sees him as the catalyst for getting to the Super Bowl.