Broncos QB Tim Tebow Says Critics "Don't Know What I'm Capable Of"

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow was adamant in firing back at his detractors Thursday, saying criticism over his NFL potential was unwarranted and that none of the resulting distractions will be a deterrent. In the face of perceived setbacks for a former first-round draft pick, Tebow stood steadfast during an interview with The Denver Post. "I'm trying to insulate myself from what people in the media are saying, but I've seen some of it, and it hurts because it's coming from people who haven't seen me practice, haven't seen me play, haven't seen what I can do," Tebow told the newspaper. "I did an interview the other day with someone on the NFL Network who said last year I'd never play a down in the NFL. He was wrong. "Others who say I won't make it are wrong. They don't know what I'm capable of and what's inside me. My family and my friends have been bothered by what's gone on, and I tell them to pay no attention to it. I'm relying as always on my faith." It's been a rough week for Tebow. ESPN NFL analyst Merril Hoge said on Twitter that "it's embarrassing to think the broncos could win with tebow." Tebow was reminded of the NFL Network prediction that he'd never play a down as a pro, and he continued to practice with the reserves at training camp, despite starting the final three games for Denver last season, but Tebow vowed to emerge a better quarterback. "I'll always use the negativity as more motivation to work even harder and become even stronger," Tebow told The Denver Post Thursday. "I'll practice as good as I can, but I know that I play even better, with the qualities I have -- leadership, my ability to make something happen in games, winning. "And I know there are a lot of people who believe in me as a player and a person, and I don't want to let them down." On Wednesday, after taking to Twitter, Hoge offered a scathing on-air critique of Tebow's skill set and how it translates to the NFL. "He is awful as far as accuracy goes and what's kind of even more disturbing, he's probably worse moving and running around with the football and throwing than he is from the pocket," Hoge said on ESPN's "SportsCenter." "Can you get better there? A little bit. If everything is perfect, the pocket, your feet are good, all your fundamentals come into place, the coverage is what you want it, you can be successful. But that doesn't happen at the National Football League. Rarely does that happen." Hoge also appeared Thursday on ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the Morning," saying: "They think it's a personal attack. It's purely a football evaluation ... I never said he's a bad guy. In fact, I know he's a great guy. I've met him. It's a football evaluation based on over 25 years of studying this league, working in this league."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

actually timmy weve seen it...youve been showing us for years, the thing is that doesnt translate to the pros very well

unless your a fullback of course

3. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Waa, Waa. You want people to stop the criticism? PROVE YOU WILL MAKE IT! Obviously, Orton is beating your butt in camp, or else these stories don't surface. That's on you, Timmy.

4. K Train

fyi lebron james does not approve this message

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I can't freaking wait.....put some A-1 on that crow and it'll taste better haters.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Screw Tebow. Just because he believes in god doesn't mean he can will himself to be an NFL quarterback. Not anytime soon at least.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Dumbest post so far today. WTF does that have to do with anything?

8. Steve12

The guy comes off to me like he can do anything he wants because he believes in himself and he believes in god. He just annoys me with his "faith" all the time.

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

If Tebow wasn't the poster boy of the Conservative American (Bible-Thumping good boy who follows the republican way of life to the tee) and the publicity he gets from that he wouldn't get anywhere near the publicity that he gets (or drafted so obscenely high).

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Tebow started three games last year. And played good in two of them.

He had 11 total TDs to 4 TOs.

With Tebow in, they didn't score less than 23. With Orton starting, they scored less than 23 points in 9 out of the 13 games.

We all know he needs work and that Orton is a better passer. I just don't know why everyone is such a Tim Tebow hater and has already written him off in the NFL. It's kind of bizarre.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

[​IMG]

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You do realize he was one of the best collegiate players... ever. Right?

x2 National Champion?
    Heisman Trophy Winner?
    College QB of the Year?
    High School All-American?
    HS State Player of the Year?

And a crapload more awards.

But yeah, he's only getting publicity because he's a Bible thumper.

13. Steve12

His college career translates to the NFL about as much as his religion does. The guy is not an NFL quarterback. and no matter now much he prays and how much he practices, he never will be.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Clearly you have an issue with his faith. So you begin any conversation about Tebow with a skewed perspective.

I wonder if that is why so many people hate on him... because he is a somewhat outspoken Christian boy.

Could that really be it???

15. andy82

Timmy Chang, Jason White and Eric Couch were pretty good collegiate QB's as well. No one mistaked them for future starting NFL QB's, yet the NFL and the headless sheep who follow ESPN like it's gospel fell for all the crap about him.

The fact is, he may be a nice christian boy and a hard worker, but that means crap without having sufficient talent. In college you can get away with tailoring a system (Urban Meyer deserved a lot of credit) around the guys strengths and muting his weaknesses, but not in the NFL. He's a good runner, but he not a good passer at all and his mechanics are brutal along with that, and your telling me that's a recipe for a starting NFL QB (or an NFL QB at all?)

16. K Train

hes built like a real life monsterand is an incredible athlete and hard runner....as a TE he could put up gaudy #s if teams used him like dallas clark (who wasnt a TE in college either)

as a passer hes terrible

17. andy82

Even as a Peyton Hillis type runner he could have been handy (And much less of a transition than TE). The problem is that a good portion of the media and the mindless sheep that follow every last word want Tebow to succeed so badly because of this legend that has been built up by hype.

And it's not like the Southern poster boy is the only one. Reggie Bush is in the same position, he could be a really good WR, but everyone seems to be in hope of him becoming the RB he was in college, which ain't happening either.

18. Steve12

I have no problem with his faith. I'm just tired of having him thrown in my face all the time because he's such a great guy. Im sure he is a great guy, but that doesn't warrant the attention or expectations the guy gets. If he wasn't such a 'nice guy' no one would even give it a shot of him making it as a QB.

19. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Your capable of being an H-Back...

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Has nothing to do with his faith he has confidence what is he supposed to do? Say oh u guys are right i cant be a starting qb in the nfl.