DirecTV Sunday Ticket: How To Get The Best Deal?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by bigsexyy81, Aug 5, 2011.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

SO I called and cancelled that sheit while the lockout was still on.

Now I want it back, as you could imagine.

I remember some people talking about how you can get it for half price or something... any ideas you can throw my way on how I could accomplish getting a few bucks off?

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Some how.. I got it free for this season. We suspended our DirecTV account while staying with the wife's grandmother for a month and half. She called last week..to get it moved, and started back up..and they gave us NFL SUnday Ticket for free. Lol. Who am I to complain?

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

usually if you get rather pissy with with directv and make solid threats about moving to dishnetwork they cave in and give you what you want

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDUOfRXP_k&NR=1]‪DIRECTV "The Whale" [HQ]2011 Commercial with Dat Phan‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  5. Chipper10

Maybe that's why they gave it to me? THough, I wasn't new. Lol. I've had it for ..a year and a half. Just moved. Hmm.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Got it free last year. lol. And I'd play the ol' cancellation card if I could but I'm still under contract.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm in the process of moving, and they gave it to me for free in my new home.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Tell'em the cable company is going to buy you out of your contract. Used that all the time when I still had DTV.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yeah? Maybe I'll play that angle. Thanks!

$400 seems freaking insane to me.

Online it says I still have it. Not sure if that is left over from last year or what. I'll do a little more digging.

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Works every time BS.

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

[​IMG]

If I did work for them, you can bet I wouldn't be posting on a popular messaging board asking the masses how to swindle my company to get free DirecTV! Considering all newcomers get it free for a year anyways...

I actually remember some of you peeps saying how to get the discount. Prob shoulda searched for that thread, but the last piece of advice from Mush was money.

13. SRW

All in jest my friend....my pc crapped out in the middle of me posting. Wherever I was going with that got lost in a blue screen of death. So do your thing, get it for free if you can. And if there is a way? Preach it loud for everyone to hear because the NFL package is as perfect as it can get for a football fan.

14. SRW

Can't use that one.....been a customer for so damn long...haven't been under a contract in god knows how long.

15. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

got it free last year

i signed up during the lockout still had to pay but got 50 bucks off yo

for peeps that live no where close to the region your team plays i love directv the redzone channel is the shiz

16. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Well your length of contract should be your biggest weapon. Tell'em your cable company is going to give you the premium movie channels for free for an entire year. If you get those channels free it will offset the charge of the Ticket. Gotta be an butthole sometimes.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:beerchug:
    I will likely end up paying for it if I have to. I mean come on now... having tasted the deliciousness that is Sunday Ticket, enjoying all 16 games of my beloved Eagles, I could never miss it now.

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

There are sports bars out there......just sayin'.

19. SRW

Sports bars end up being more expensive in the long run IMO with the way they jack beer up and food.

20. Chipper10

Apparently, if you move .. you get it free? Maybe because its set up "new" at a new household? I'm not sure. Nonetheless, good luck with a discount .. or free.