Broncos QB Tim Tebow Says Critics "Don't Know What I'm Capable Of"

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 5, 2011.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The problem with Tebow is he has horrible mechanics and can't read defenses. He should still be on the bench learning. Vick and Young show that they may win some games but they are not reliable QB options. Even Vick had bad moments and still can't pick up a blitz. Can Tebow be successful? Maybe, but he has a ways to go before he can be a consistent QB.

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

That's my point too mj, If I'm reading you right. It's his second year and these people "hate" him for no freaking reason. His religion? Get over it. His mechanics? He will improve that. Give the kid a freaking chance before writing him off.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Im not writing him off. I think if he's given 4 or 5 years to learn and work he could be a servicable QB. I just dont like how the media portrays him to be the second coming. It's not Tebow himself I hate. It's the Tebow dynamic, if thats the right word. Its how he's shoved down our throats as the greatest guy on the planet.

I guess maybe I let that skew my opinion of him. My bad.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Steve your opinion is your opinion. And it is more then welcomed here. Hell it's encouraged (no matter how hecked up it is....:icon_cheesygrin:), this is a message board.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yes and no mush. I personally think he is nothing but a hype guy like flavor flav. I understand the hate because of the espn way. That draft was all about Tebow.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i dont hate him because of his religion, its annoying but its not why i hate him.

its because while he may be the best college QB of all time, hes not a pro QB...he was a fifth round prospect at best drafted in the first round beause of his gimmicky college resume and his "passion" but that only gets you so far....he may be the hardest worker of all time but imo he'll only ever be a below average NFL QB just because of how he plays and his overall skillset

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm not gonna lie. I'll take 11 TDs to 4 turnovers in a 3 game timespan over and over and over.

9. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

You kiddin'? Mike Vick is the best QB in the league, or so you would think?

I think Tebow can though, in all honesty. I don't like where he got drafted at, as stated, in the first round. Thats far too much of a gamble. However, I think he can be successful, it's just not going to be right now.

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

How 'bout him not having the talent needed to be successful in the league?

The hate I personally believe is more to do with the media hype machine that has caused him to become ridiculously overrated/overvalued by everyone rather than anything he's done specifically. It's the same reason I'm not fans of Vince Young and Cam Newton, because their talents/value are greatly exaggerated by the media (Although at least Newton has got an arm that is worth a crap).

I'm willing to give Tebow as much chance as any other unproven backup QB, except that's not what his "non-haters" want because apparently he is far more worthy than anyone else.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Exactly what Ive been trying to say, only worded better.

And he went 1-2. So if you want to take decent stats for Tebow and a 4-12 record you can have it. And give teams a whole season to prepare for him and look at more tape and those stats will get worse.

12. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

3 games doesn't prove anything. Good or bad. Just saying.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Vick is not the best QB in the league. Not even top 5. Fantasy Football does not make him a great QB. And if you noticed toward the end of last season, teams figured out how to slow down Vick because he can't pick up a blitz. As for Tebow, he may have 11 - 3 TD to INT, but he made some horrible throws that made him look like he belongs in pee wee.

14. Springbok

Springbok Rookie

So you hate these players because the media exaggerates them? Hardly the fault of the individual players, is it? Seems a freaking ridiculous reason to hate on a player, unless they are full of self hype.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

A lot if that floats around the realm of fandom. People buy into the media hype like it is coming from the players a lot of times...

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Until they put Timmy in on defense (trust me, he could play DE, LB, CB, or S if they would let him), that defense is going to lose them games.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The so-called experts who speculate who should and should not warrant playing time because of deviations from the "ideal" in their mechanics (throwing or footwork) would probably have never have allowed FranTarkenton, Johnny Unitas or Randall Cunningham on the field. They all can't look like Brady, Manning or Rodgers.

1 person likes this.
  18. andy82

Did I freaking say I hated the guy, jeez. I just dislike the ridiculous hype certain players undeservedly get.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. andy82

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]