Patriots To Cut Ties With WR Chad Ochocinco, DT Albert Haynesworth?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by BigBlueBruiser, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Dan Pompei of the National Football Post reports that wide receiver Chad Ochocinco and defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth might not be long for New England. One NFL executive familiar with the Patriots ways told Pompei he believes one or both of the big name acquisitions will be cut before the season starts. The front office man thinks coach Bill Belichick will use the controversial players to help control and send a message to his locker room.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
  2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Nice. They don't need 'em anyway.

3. Hard to imagine Belichick wasting draft picks.....

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

They will save themselves a lot of trouble, cutting both

5. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

I think we'll see both in Game 1.

6. Haynesworth certainly isn't doing himself any favors missing practices.

I thought Chad would have a better chance to stick because of his past relationship with Belichick and he was seen chatting with Brady during the sidelines in the preseason opener.

7. Pro Football Focus: Twitter.com

8. I guess Chad may have to call off his search living with a Patriots fan........

9. Word travels fast.......

Pro Football Focus: Twitter.com

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Looking at their history, both always has been a distraction to the team.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This would make no sense whatsoever. BB wouldn't trade for 2 guys just to have sacrificial lambs. If they get cut it will be because they didn't play well enough to make the team.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not really a few late round picks for a flyer on a couple of former Pro-Bowl players? Not like he won't get those picks back some how if they were to cut those two...

13. It would just surprise me to see Belichick trade for two big-names who still have gas left and cut ties with them in a matter of a month. Unless they really forced BB's hand.......but he has a good relationship with Chad. Haynesworth on the other hand I could see being let go. Vince Wilfork pretty much made it clear Al's on a tight leash in New England.

I know Washington would hate to see this happen more than anyone.......they cannot risk seeing Haynesworth back in the NFC East with the Eagles. They made pretty damn sure that wouldn't happen when they traded him in a first place. They acquired a 2013 fifth round pick, which is equivalent to a ham sandwich.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
  14. Ochocinco and Haynesworth are more valuable to Belichick on the field rather than using them just to send a message in the lockerroom.......

Chad gives Brady a legitimate threat at the receiver position....something they lacked against the Jets in the playoffs last season. Haynesworth would be nasty in rotation....they play a good mix of 4-3 and 3-4.

Playing for a contender would light a fire under him which hasn't been seen since his final years in Tennessee when he was playing to get that big contract Washington gave him.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm sure if they are cut, they will be cut because they aren't valuable to his team or the direction he is going. He's not going to make his team "worse" to prove a point...lol. And there is no guarantee that they have anything left in the tank...they sure didn't prove that they did with their last teams...just saying...

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I doubt ocho cinco will be cut he will do just fine plus he has a good relationship with the pats even when he was a bengal.

17. I'm sure it was more not giving their best effort......mainly in Haynesworth's case. Randy Moss dogged it when he was with the Raiders and people thought he was done in 2007. The Redskins were a mess and still are in some form.

Haynesworth just turned 30 in June......given the right situation and scheme......he can still be a force on the interior.

18. Exactly......and nobody can question his work ethic.

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He can, if he wanted to...

20. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Haynesworth probably doesn't fit in their defense scheme and it does makes you question why he has not practiced in a while. There are speculations that his conditioning is not up to par on what it should be.