The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The defensive line as a whole was just outstanding. QB was getting pressured the majority of plays. Good thing there aren't very many running QBs in the league because Taylor for out of danger far too easy to pick up nice gains.

2. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I loved how we were providing pressure with our front 4 and if you add blitz in there i can already imagine how much of a beast the eagles will be. Tapp was extremely impressive, besides that blown coverage on Rice. I was pretty impressed all around.

3. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

A friend sent me this last night and even though i know the outcome of it, the reaction of the fan is simply priceless... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc2J6SZX1HQ&playnext=1&list=PLA23B7DDED2CD145E]DESEAN JACKSON TD PUNT RETURN vs GIANTS I'M MAD AS HELL!!! - YouTube[/ame]

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

That play where he blew by Leach (the best lead blocker in the game) and took down Rice for a 5 yard loss was sweet. He was on fire. Even Dixon was looking in mid season form seeing the screen play and causing flacco to throw out of bounds. I was impressed with Matthews as well, but is just the first preseason game.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Just damn happy with how the first game went. Eager to see how they hold up against the Steelers.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

RT is already an issue and #2 WR is still a question mark. Screwinay.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

captian stubbing says the o-line is fine and ur just a typical philly self loather.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:icon_cheesygrin:

This year is WAY better than last year. So far, at least.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

true and the addition of watkins along with mudd should help bigtime.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Lymphoma scare for Maclin, but all tests have been done and he is good to go for football after he recovers from a surgery when they removed a lymph node.

Currently planning on him being back for week 1 vs Rams.

w00t!

12. Lymphoma is a hell of a lot worse than mono.......glad to hear he checked out okay.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah but they say it wasnt mono either. well what the hell happened ? lymes maybe ?

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Nope. Just a viral infection that caused adenopathy and myelosuppresion enough to freak everyone out. Happens relatively frequently. I see 4-5 similar cases a year

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Couple quick things:

1. Cooper needs to learn how to go fight for a jumpball. He simply didn't try to go for the ball Ryan Clark picked off. That's bullcrap.

2. I know it's preseason. I understand it's not time to panic. But if starting an undersized rookie middle linebacker hecks up our season as much as it sounds like it could, I just might kill myself. Especially when Chaney looked exceptional at mike when he played there last year.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

better yet vick needs to not throw that ball period.

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I hear ya. There was no reason to move Chaney, especially now that it seems like he isn't comfortable at the SAM.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

wait, are you guys questioning the gold standard ?

19. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I know it's pre-season and rookies didn't have long ota's or camps but Matthews was just crap last night. And when he sweats his hair gets freaking nasty, it's not locks of glorious gold like Clay.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm not worried about Vick. He knows he had a crapty game and can learn a lot from the film.