Broncos QB Tim Tebow Slipping To 3rd String Behind Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Aug 20, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Broncos' quarterback drama has moved on to the No. 2 role, where there is intrigue about whether Brady Quinn​, and not Tim Tebow, will be the first quarterback in to replace starter Kyle Orton in the preseason game tonight against the Buffalo Bills according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post. "That will be a game-time decision," Broncos coach John Fox said. "From a competitive standpoint, we can talk about that after the game, not before the game." There have been signs, if no conclusive declarations. that Quinn has played well through training camp and was the most impressive of the three quarterbacks during the Broncos' 24-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys​ in the preseason opener last week. Since that preseason game, in which he threw for one fourth-quarter touchdown and engineered a drive for another, Quinn has taken at least as many reps with the second-team offense as Tebow. As this week wore on, Quinn even appeared to take the first of the second team reps. During the Friday pregame walkthrough, Orton ran the 'first-half' offense while Quinn stepped in to quarterback the 'second-half' offense.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

AH-hahahaha

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

It's fine. If there's 1 thing that Brady Quinn is REALLY good at it's freaking things up. So it'll be fine! I still think Tebow will end up being a pretty serviceable starter in the NFL.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

No, but Tebow is great he just hasn't gotten the opportunity. :icon_rolleyes:

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...wasted pick?

7. Not Elway's problem.......

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

It is now...

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

lol. Screwin Tebow. The definition of overrated.

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Haters....

[​IMG]

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Please elaborate...what makes him overrated? The fact that he TORE up college football but hasn't had a chance in the NFL to make an impact?

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd like to see him get a fair shot at starting a few games...

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

that matter none the less, with a coach who isn't a dipcrap.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

True.

I thought the Broncos should be letting him start some games this season to get a fair assessment on what they have. I mean he was a first round pick that they are paying forst round money to...wouldn't you want to see if it is worth what you are paying? lol...

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Tim Tebow has the unenviable position to be the former coach's project. John Elway doesn't seem to care either way and I can guess John Fox doesn't care one way or the other. He loves his defense. But Tebow was brought in by the former regime. I say just trade him to a team that needs a QB and wouldn't mind letting him grow in the offense. He's not Jamarcus Russel. Tebow had an AMAZING college career and is a baller. Give him a chance to shine. Screw, I wish the Eagles would trade for him. :)

16. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Great point. You sure you's a hater?

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Pretty sure Orton earned the starting job. I don't see why it should be handed to Tebow. If he wanted it he would earn it.

18. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He;s getting his shot in practice to prove what he can do and he can't even beat out Brady Quinn for the backup job.

19. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

This doesn't mean jack until the regular season as far as I'm concerned.