Broncos QB Tim Tebow Slipping To 3rd String Behind Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Well it does mean jack because if he hecks up now he's buried 3rd on the depth chart so he won't play in the regular season. Not that he should anyways.

2. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Though I agree he hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet I would like to point out that "tearing crap up in college" doesn't mean you'll be able to do the same in the pros.

3. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Not necessarily, there has been plenty of times a player did poorly during the preseason and worked his way up by the time regular season started or soon there after. Now if he lost his 2nd string job for good in Week 7 then maybe it would be a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He was written off the moment Fox was hired. He'll have to wait for his chance on another team.

5. He didn't pick him so he really has no incentive to play him........

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sure he does. It's coming out of "his" salary cap. Like I said before, the investment is there. Mine as well see if it's worth it. He needs to right the mistake if it is one... Or evaluate it and make the proper decision.

He shouldn't be handed a job, but he should be fairly evaluated for investment purposes if nothing else...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  7. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

He shouldn't have been lifting like BQ in the offseason. He already had mechanics issues. Why would he want to add being unable to wipe his own butt to the list of problems?

8. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

ha ha ha ha heeeee haw MF

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Some of the blind love in this thread for Tebow is sickening. Now, rather than divulging again into my already known opinion, lets look at the facts.

- Undoubtedly a very successful NCAA player
    - Entered the draft with a third round tag
    - Was drafted late first, seen as a reach by a good portion of experts
    - A personality perfect for an NFL QB, never gets in trouble, leads by example etc...
    - But also wasn't seen as a good prospect for a laundry list of problems, including lack of a true position, questionable arm, poor mechanics, extreme change in offensive system, change to a pocket passer etc.
    - Drafted into McDaniels very passer friendly system, made a few starts and did an average job, certainly not as well as Kyle Orton.
    - McDaniels (rightfully) got the boot and in comes Fox. Fox, having stayed loyal to dial-an-interception Jake Delhomme, may have been seen as possibly a nice fit for Tebow, and if reports were to be believe, was said to be a big fan.
    - Instead, after a few months, Fox goes from big fan to "work in progress", Orton goes from trading block to confirmed starter, and Tebow goes from near certain starter to falling behind flop Brady Quinn.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Get the heck out of here with this, Everyone who paid attention seen Orton was easily outplaying Tebow in training camps. Fox would look like an idiot to start the worse of the two at the time. And now he's fallen behind Quinn, is this because Fox hates him? Or is it because Quinn has outperformed his as well? Some people may be Tebow haters but you're just as extreme the other way around.

1 person likes this.
  11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

YES!

12. Time for a position change Timmy?

13. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I think this is what will eventually happen. Tim may not be a QB but he is athletic enough to be an NFL player. TE seems to be the best fit IMO.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was one of the ones that thought they should trade Orton, see if the investment they have in Tebow is even close to worth it and go from there. For Denver, I don't think either one is the answer...but if they want a chance at a few wins, Orton is the answer for the moment. They just have money they may or may not be wasting on Tebow as a third string guy...

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Any money spent on Tebow as a QB is a waste.

16. I bet they wished they had that 1st pick back again...

17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Just put him at full back and be done with it

18. He could be ok at TE IMO

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Bullcrap. Tebow is getting screwed. He'd be a Pro Bowler if given the chance. He might rewrite the record books.

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Idk cause then he would have to catch the ball alot havent seen him ever do that.