Colts Agree To Terms With QB Kerry Collins

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Sweets, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay announced on Twitter that the team had agreed to terms with veteran quarterback Kerry Collins. The Colts have been looking for a veteran backup quarterback as insurance for Peyton Manning, who is recovering from offseason surgery on his neck and may not be ready for the start of the regular season. The four quarterbacks who have played for the Colts this summer -- Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, Nate Davis, and Mike Hartline -- have combined to complete 22-of-52 passes for 309 yards with one touchdown and four interceptions for a passer rating of 36.5. Collins, 38, has spent the previous five seasons with the Tennessee Titans and had announced his intention to retire in July. The Titans used their first-round pick in 2011 on quarterback Jake Locker and signed Matt Hasselbeck to be the bridge to the Locker Era in Nashville.

Source: macsfootballblog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  2. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Well I'll be damned. And here I thought [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION] was just blowing smoke lol. I couldn't find anything confirming it until now.

3. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

For the life of me I still can't figure out how Nate Davis could not outperform Dan Orlovsky.

4. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Lol. Collins in Indy. Hmm.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

At peace huh

6. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Oh, God. Please don't go "Brett Favre" on us, Kerry.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Until Mr. $$$$ came knocking on his door...

8. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Screw they would have been much better off with Favre, plus Favre is much more fun to watch!

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Didn't he give up a bunch of money by retiring from the Titans?

Probably sees this as his last ditch effort at a ring. Play a game or two and let Manning go for it.

10. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Can you really blame him? I mean, if you're going to eventually get regulated to the bench, you might as well be behind a Hall of Famer with a chance to get a ring

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Now to see WR Randy Moss comes out of retirement, I'd really enjoy seeing that.

12. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Sure sounds good for their opponent in week 1..... wonder who that is...hmmm:wave3:

13. Makes sense.......Bill Polian drafted Kerry when he was the GM for the Panthers in 1995.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Manning or not, Texans win the division...

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I've been thinking that for the last 2 years. I'll believe it when I see it.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

This is their year...barring any serious injury. Their roster pretty much from top to bottom is better than the colts.

17. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Even if Favre did decide to play again he wouldn't sign with a team who would have him ride the bench once their starter is healthy.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Also, didn't Caldwell coach at PSU when Kerry was there? I think this move is more about how innefective Painter has been and they need a backup. I don't think it spells too much for Manning as if I was worried about Manning missing time, the first guy I would go out and sign would not be Kerry Collins. If they could convince Collins to come out of retirement, why not go get a guy like Bulger.

19. Yes. Caldwell was Collins' QB coach as a freshman in 1992.........

20. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

LOL!