If I Could....What Would I Change On GridironFans.com?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Aug 27, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So I am looking to pick the brain of our members and throwing the question out there....what would you change on the site if you could? What would make this website a better overall experience for you as a user? Feel free to throw ideas out there. I am trying to make this place as user friendly as we can and your feedback will help immensely. So feel free to jump in with your :2cents:

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I would install a chatbox, just for quick chats between members and it always loads up on the homepage.

3. SRW

Not because I am putting the idea down....but I have been critical of shoutboxes in the past. What would a shoutbox bring that the post tramp forum doesn't? What are the pro's and con's to having one here? I'd love to see how others feel about this or have you elaborate further on the idea. I am open to ideas that will help the site so feel free to put on the full force sell job.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Custom Smilies?

5. Add a sports ticker to the site for all the NFL scores........

6. SRW

What do you mean by custom smiles? Who's creating them and how?
    Problem is tickers slow the site down big time. Is there a lightweight option that can work with the site?

7. I certainly look into it......you could always add the option to hide it if that helps with the lagging.

8. Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2011
  9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Didn't we have a ticker at one. Time? I am and really bogged down the site.

I feel like old gif vet know

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Custom skin. And a reply box that doesn't ask me to verify that I am human?

11. SRW

We used to have to news ticker for the latest NFL headlines forum. We eventually made it an option that people could turn on and off.

12. SRW

Custom skin will require money. We can't discuss specific site finances and ad revenue in public, but for the last couple of months this site's been in the red. As for the reply box, is this a feature that started just this morning? I am testing a new feature that might help in adding some more advertising dollars for the site.

13. SRW

FYI, shoutbox is installed on the site's forum index. It appears under the top ten threads module below the navbar. Feel free to check it out and let me know if there are any functionality issues.

14. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Anyway to donate other than Paypal? I wanted to donate a while ago but I dont have paypal.

15. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah, give me your cc info......

Paypals free yo.

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

how about gifts make a comeback?

17. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

In tried paypal once a while ago and it was a hassle for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

18. SRW

Paypal now allows you to donate via credit card without having to login to their site.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Free pizza, beer, and prostitutes are always nice.

I really like the score ticker, there just has to be something out there that we can have it and it won't slow down the site.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

PayPal for the WIN!