If I Could....What Would I Change On GridironFans.com?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Aug 27, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Remember we used to be able to upload our own custom (or maybe I should've said favorite) smilies and they would be in addition to the smilies that were on the site?

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So day 2 of the shoutbox....any feedback so far? And any other ideas for the site from the members?

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Its pretty cool

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I kinda like it. It makes things more personable. I feel all of us will get to know each other a little more with it. I would suggest turning off during game days though. just a thought. :beer:

5. SRW

That modification is gone because it simply does not work anymore. The coder has not updated that modification. I could see about paying for that feature to be fixed just for this site.
    No functional issues at all like site quirks when using it?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

What about the feature that we were able to upload pictures into our own album. That was around for a little while and we were able to use the custom smiley feature that way...

Not a big deal if we can't get that working...

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Non that I can tell.

8. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg]Cricket Sound - YouTube[/ame]

9. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

can we bring back that little arrow thing on threads that lets you know if you have posted in them?

10. SRW

Let me see about the user album. That might be a better option as it gives people more freedom to upload more than just smilies.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gladly....any Photoshop artists available who can add a clean arrow to these to show when someone posted in that thread?

Also, I could use a flashing gif for hot threads. We have these buttons in 3 sizes.

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

WARD get on it son!!!!!!!!!

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

How big and what color do you want the arrows?

13. SRW

They used to be a red swirl in the corner. At this point anything that works for marking threads a member posted in will work as long as it's consistent in style and clear.

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I'd imagine adding a scoreboard wouldn't be too hard, not sure how much it'd bog the server though. I guess it would depend on the script.

15. SRW

So far to date we have had nothing but trouble with scrolling tickers on the site.

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

The previous ticker was site wide, limiting to the game day forum and maybe the front page would probably help.

That or you could just go with a regular scoreboard type of dealio.

Something like this (obviously size could be adjusted):
    [​IMG]

17. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

is it possible to expand the site to a full page view instead of the annoying gray bumper all the way around it

*if this is a user issue, i apologize*

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Since you asked...I'd stop banning good active users over petty crap, get rid of cards and mod (other then one or two to enforce truly illegal crap like torrents/streams etc) and make the site actually uncensored.

But you knew this already.

19. SRW

Let me look into that....see what I can find that can work for the site.
    Not a user issue at all. The site is sized to fit all the menus and userbars and banners. I can make a 100% wide skin too based off this skin. Let me give it a whirl.
    Ok, let me ask if you can do this....take our site rules and write up what you think they should be. Let's see if we can come to an agreement on what is and isn't allowed. When it comes down to it, we are all here to try and have some fun, right?

20. SRW

I created a GridironFans-Web 2.0 Wide skin. Give it a whirl, let me know what you think.