RB Fred Taylor Plans To Retire Friday As A Jaguar

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by Sweets, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Tania Ganguli from Flordia Times-Union reports the Jacksonville Jaguars will ceremonially sign former running back Fred Taylor tomorrow so he can retire with the team that drafted him. The Jaguars will begin making cuts tomorrow, which will allow them space on the roster to make the move, the team must reduce its roster to 53 players by Saturday. Taylor spent 11 seasons with the Jaguars and is the team's leading rusher all time with 11,271 career yards in Jacksonville, he's also third all time in receptions with 2,361 yards on 286 catches. The Jaguars released Taylor after the 2008 season and Taylor signed with the Patriots. After the 2010 season ended, he ruminated over retirement, a difficult decision for a man who'd played football most of his life.

Source: theredzone.org

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
  2. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Third in receptions? They've never had any depth at receiver other then Jimmy Smith. Glad he gets to retire a Jaguar.

3. The most under appreciated running back ever........

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I think Curtis Martin was more underappreciated but that's just my opinion.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Definitely at the Top if that list...

6. 5x Pro Bowler; 5x All-Pro; fourth-all time leading rusher......

Tough to be underappreciated with those credentials.

7. Fred Taylor rushed for 11,685 yards........and that number would've certainly been higher if it weren't for the injuries.

He could never totally shake off the "Fragile Freddie" label........the only Pro Bowl he made was as an injury replacement for Willie Parker. When healthy.....there wasn't many better than Taylor. He was also a good receiver out of the backfield.

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

:beer: <------ For a great career!