2011 GridironFans.com Survival Pool

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by 86WARD, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I figured Philly over STL was a sure thing.

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Fair enough. Good job. Just don't save those teams for too long. Take the wins while you can get'em.

3. Steve12

I hear ya. I've never done one so I didn't realize so many people would get knocked out so early. Figured I'd have to save the really good teams for later in the season.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

That's the mistake a lot of people make. Just get your wins early then worry about the later games as they come. 2/3 of the players will eliminate themselves in the first three weeks.

Why the heck am I telling you this???

5. Steve12

Because beneath your tough exterior shell your a soft, kind hearted man.

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

First time ever i was eliminated this early. Still alive in my money one though...

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

4 ppl didn't take 20 freaking seconds out of their busy days to pick, so heck off.

K had the Ravens, you lose.

Down to 10 players left.

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I picked the Eagles. Hopefully they win tonight

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Dude you picked the Eagles last week. You were one of the ppl who didn't pick a team this week.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

:banghead:

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

damn it. i thought i picked the eagles. it makes no sense that they wont let me pick from tonights or tommorow nights games

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Well because then you could just wait and have a 50-50 chance at winning with only 4 teams left to play.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good Lord...

15. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

And I advance

Sent via tap talk on my iPhone

And Michigan still sucks

16. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

Had Pittsburgh week 2.

Week 3 is going to be tough, though. I guess San Diego, but I'm not that confident in them.

17. yisman

and if you pick beforehand you could also have a 50-50 chance of winning. Not sure why it would be an advantage to wait.

18. Steve12

Yea this week was the toughest to pick so far. Think I'm going with SD too. Might switch to the Jets...

19. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Is it easier to pick a single winner from 16 games or 2? Why do you think you can't choose the same team twice?

20. yisman

From 16. More options.With 16, you're likely to have a big favorite in there. With 2 games, they might both be toss-ups. If every game had the same difficulty, and it were just flipping a coin, it would be 16/32 or 2/4, 50% either way. Since it isn't, 16 games would clearly be easier.

To make it difficult so you can't just keep picking the same dominant teams again and again. That doesn't relate to this, though.

It doesn't make it any easier to restrict your options.

I can about guarantee that anyone here would do better choosing any game each week they wanted than letting them only choose the Sunday night or Monday night game.