Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Once Marcus Gilbert is inserted into the LT spot, that's a wrap. We're good at LT for 10 years.

2. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Can't wait for this match up. My dad's an old school Steeler fan , my manager is a Steeler fan from Altuna(spl?) and I know of two hugh Steeler bars down here in Houston. Not to mention a few bandwagon Steeler fans I know aswell.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Altoona.

Could be a real good game or it could be a really embarrassing game for the Steelers. If they play like they did Monday Night, which I think is very possible, it could be Week One ugly...

I'd like to think that Tomlin has this team put forth a better effort...

4. Crowned

The best remedy to a terrible o-line would be quick routes and 3 step drop and throws. Bruce Arians is a freaking idiot though.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's the thing though...the pass protection wasn't as bad as the run blocking. It wasn't great and had it's crap moments, but the run was horrific. Aside from Mendenhall's 15 yard run, it was practically nothing.

If they went to the 3 step drop and quick passes, they have the guys that can carry it the distance, but like you said, Arians is an idiot...but the O Line has to show otherwise, they have no shot at beating the Texans!

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

the commitment to mediocrity at tackle gets me all jacked up...replacing scott with essex at LT is like cleaning up crap with piss.

7. Crowned

Yea why would you keep Gilbert at RT and put Essex at LT. I'd feel so much more comfortable the other way around.

8. Crowned

Screw the run imo.

The Patriots don't run it often, they get by. Same with Saints of 2 years ago and the Colts. Teams expect the pass so when they do run out of the shotgun it is somewhat successful. We need to convert, this isn't your old Steelers anymore. Let's spread out and run up the score on some heckers. God I hate Bruce Arians more than anyone can possibly be hated.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just plain stubbornness by the Steelers front office.

The one possible good thing is that the line was at an all-time low Sunday Night. Not much room to go any lower...lol.

:banghead:

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd be good with that...

11. Crowned

The Texans pass rush isn't exactly a push-over either.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

And neither is their run or pass game...hence the reason I think this could wind up to be an ugly week...

13. Crowned

I'm hoping we look way better than Sunday night, and that Schaub doesn't bounce back well from losses. I still think we have a good chance to win, but not with that crap we displayed against the Colts. Someone in the coaching staff needs to wake up. The offensive and defensive lines are getting absolutely manhandled. Unacceptable.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

Check out the form...lol.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm hearing that Aaron Smiths contract was restructured...something in the works to sign Flozell?

17. Crowned

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

19. Crowned

I want our offense to run the no huddle this week and try to beat Brady at his own game, outscore the Patriots. Their secondary has been suspect.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

They're gonna have to put up a bunch of points to win and they're gonna need to be positive in the turnover department. Enough of the bullcrap offense...the need drives...

This is the kind of game where I could see Arians take Heath Miller the weapon out of the game and return him to being a side car blocker...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.