BBB's Random FF's Thoughts

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 1, 2011.

1. I think Clark is a No. 2 TE at best going forward with Peyton out for the remainder of the year........

2. Week 4 waiver claims:

NFL.com managed league:
    Added Torrey Smith and dropped Marques Colston (lost out on Nate Washington)

NFL.com autopick league:
    Added Nate Washington and dropped Ben Tate
    Added Julio Jones and dropped DeAngelo Williams
    Added Felix Jones and dropped Devery Henderson

CBS Sports 12-teamer league:
    Added Torrey Smith and dropped Eric Decker
    Added Bernard Scott and dropped C.J. Spiller

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I dropped Kenny Britt and added Torrey Smith. I was surprised he was available.

Is he a keeper or just a one week wonder?

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I did the same in one of. My. Leagues

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

5. Smith may not have that kind of game again in the foreseeable future.......but he is still a deep threat and Joe Flacco has a cannon for an arm. He'll be a target against the Jets but I think 65-75 yards receiving and maybe a score isn't out of the question. And Antonio Cromartie is banged up...........

I say Victor Cruz is more of a one-week wonder right now...........Manningham should be back this week. But he earned himself a role in the offense.......

6. Revis will be covering Boldin Sunday so Smith will draw Cromartie if he plays. Cromartie has bruised ribs and lungs and didn't participate in practice today.

I wouldn't be too scared off to play Smith.......and if Cro can't go........Kyle Wilson will start. Makes the decision even a little more easier.

7. NFL.com managed league:
    Added Lions DEF and dropped Chargers DEF

8. Trade:

CBS Sports 12-teamer league:

Acquired:
    RB Beanie Wells

Sent:
    WR David Nelson
    RB Mark Ingram

9. CBS Sports 12-teamer league:
    Added RB Kendall Hunter and dropped RB Bernard Scott

I'm going to re-add Scott tomorrow morning after my trade clears since I'll have an open roster spot, but I wanted Hunter now since Frank Gore will be sharing carries with him and his role this week will be larger than Scott's. I was afraid Hunter would be scooped up by tomorrow so I decided to add him now.

Cedric Benson will play again this week but is still facing a possible suspension so Scott remains a priority for me.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Given the 49ers run D, should I start McCoy this week? Yahoo's projected stats have him picking up over 25 points, but I just don't see it.

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Question for you guys, wanna get your take...Who should i start Hillis vs. Tennesee, they have a stout run D and he is coming off illness or James Starks vs Denver, he'll get the bulk of the touches with Grant out against a middle of the pack run D. Im leaning towards Hillis, the safer bet but im conflicted

12. Never bench McCoy........regardless of matchup. Too good not to have in your lineup.

13. Starks all the way.........

Ryan Grant is out and Starks will be the primary ball carrier against the Broncos defense that's allowed 100 yards even on the ground this season.

Hillis says he's fine after his battle with strep throat but he lost about 10 pounds with the illness and Hardesty could see more carries going forward.

14. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

^Now im leaning that way! lol After that negative performance from him last week im a little gun shy but it def makes more sense to go with him.

15. I had the misfortune of starting Starks last week myself........even though I still won my league for that week. John Kuhn may see a few carries but not enough to take away Starks' appeal this week.

16. The Titans currently have the top ranked defense in the NFL and have allowed less than 90 yards on the ground this season.

Not a pretty favorable matchup for Hillis compared to Starks...........

17. Waiver Wire suggestions

If these five guys are still on the waiver wire in your league(s)........nab 'em.

1.) Kendall Hunter
    2.) Torrey Smith
    3.) Bernard Scott
    4.) Rex Grossman (Rams have allowed multiple passing TD's in every game this season. Pickup if you don't have a superstar fantasy QB already in your lineup)
    5.) Jason Campbell (Patriots rank dead last in the NFL in passing defense and could be in for another shootout against Oakland. Same as Grossman.......pickup if you don't have a superstar fantasy QB in your lineup.)

If Denarius Moore still happens to be available........don't blink. Nab him. Although he shouldn't be.

18. CBS Sports 12-teamer league:
    Added 49ers DEF

Ravens have a bye next week. Need a solid 1-week replacement.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Niners run D is way overrated right now, theyve played Seattle, Cincy, and Dallas with an injured Felix (not exactly stellar run teams), plus their pass D is so bad that nobody needs to run on them.

20. NFL.com autopick league:
    Added Denarius Moore and dropped Dustin Keller

Now that I claimed Vernon Davis last week......having two elite TE's is a luxury I don't necessarily need. Moore's matchup against New England has gotten even more tastier with Ras-I Dowling and Leigh Bodden out and Kyle Arrington may not play either. I already have some good receivers on my bench but Moore's matchup was something I couldn't pass on.