The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

guranteed they got booted. probably had their season tix revoked.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

as disgusted as i am right now this fanbase went one step closer to being rid of that arrogant fat heck of a head coach.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I actuallt feel kinda bad fir yall... Man. I wish i vould. See phigs reaction to yhese games he wqs on of the ones that said the superbowl line...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

phiges is the andy reid of fans.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Just disgusted with this team right now. I really have nothing else to say.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Man...you HATE Andy...lol...

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

serouoly right

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Greg Mattison at HC and draft Landry Jones in the first and a very big step in the right direction. Vick for as much of a critic as I am, is still a viable QB and will give you at least another good year. You can sit Jones

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

one problem with anything that makes sense even if reid gets canned - we still have a weasely nerd and his boy wonder CPA turned GM making the decisions on who the coach is and the players put on this rostrer.

11. Jihad Joe

This is true

Fortunately for you guys the talent is there for a quick turnaround.

However, for you guys just like us, its imperative now to find a QB to groom and take over down the line

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

i'd have to disagree on the talent part to an extent.

- the lb's suck
    - the oline sucks
    - the dline is undersized and exposed by the run game too much
    - the DC has no business holding that title

those things can be corrected if the right decisions are made but ............. :banghead:

13. Jihad Joe

I think one top LB would make the rest better. Mathews isnt ever going to be a world beater, but down the line he should be servisable. The DL will be better once Dixon comes back

No such thing as a complete team anymore. You guys had holes lastyear in the secondary and LB and still won the division

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

that would seem to be more of indictment of the division than anything else.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You add some experience to the safeties, a couple linebackers, and a larger DT that can add some run stuffing ability in the middle, and you've got yourself a defense (ON PAPER, OF COURSE).

As long as you either ditch the wide 9 or figure how the heck to stop the run with it.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Agreed. Chaney can hold his own in the middle IMO. Get a quality 'backer known for his pursuit and run stuffing.

I was reading some blog that said how much wiser it would have been to spend that $4,000,000 on Stephen Tulloch instead of Steve Smith. Who has been, at best, a complete disappointment.

17. Jihad Joe

I disagree. Its been that way NFL wide pretty much since they brought back the Browns and add the Texans. The overall talent pool has just gotten too diluted. Just look at the amount of UDFA's that make an immediate impact every year.

Infact I think the NFCE is the most stable. Outside of the Skins, the top 3 teams have been very close in talent level and the division usually comes down to health and who gets hot when

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Detroit does a pretty nice job stopping the run.

19. Jihad Joe

Gil Brandt thinks the Eagles and Cowboys are going to trade DRC for Bradie James

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I saw that too. Here's his quote:

""If the Eagles don't do my proposed deal with New England, they still need to find a way to improve defensively. Philadelphia has already proven the organization isn't afraid to deal with a division foe, so this time, the Eagles turn to Dallas for help.A deal of Rodgers-Cromartie for Bradie James helps both teams. The Eagles fill a void at linebacker. The Cowboys would get a necessary upgrade at corner and will soon have second-round pick Bruce Carter healthy and capable of stepping in for James." "