UFC On Fox: Dos Santos Vs. Vasquez

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by TheDuke, Nov 5, 2011.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

First Ever UFC on Fox
    Saturday, November 12th at 9:00 PM est/6:00 PM pst

Main event:

• Heavyweight championship bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

Preliminary card (On FOXSports.com)
    • Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Benson Henderson
    • Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Pablo Garza
    • Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson vs. Ricardo Lamas
    • Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Clay Harvison
    • Bantamweight bout: Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Darren Uyenoyama
    • Featherweight bout: Mackens Semerzier vs. Robert Peralta
    • Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo
    • Middleweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Paul Bradley
    • Light Heavyweight bout: Aaron Rosa vs. Matt Lucas

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I hate that they are only showing the main event on TV.

3. I didnt know that...that blows

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

huh? you're snitching about finally getting a big UFC match on free t.v.? in the past, for the better fights on a card, the ONLY way to watch them was at a bar or to pay for it. this is a great step towards getting more big, UFC matches on regular t.v. I remember growing up as a kid, when boxing was legit, and most of the big fights were on free t.v. That was awesome and if the UFC can keep building their brand (like the NFL, NBA, etc.), we can get these bigger fights on free t.v. and watch them from home.

5. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

its on snitches. im taking dos santos

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Preliminary Bouts Results:
    • Aaron Rosa Defeated Matt Lucas via Majority Decision (28-28, 30-26, 30-26)
    • Mike Pierce Defeated Paul Bradley via Split Decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
    • Alex “Bruce Leeroyâ€￾ Caceres Defeated Cole Escovedo via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
    • Robert Peralta Defeated Mackens Semerzier via TKO (Punches) at 1:54 in the 3rdRound
    • Darren Uyenoyama Defeated Norifumi “Kidâ€￾ Yamamoto via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-27)
    • DaMarques Johnson Defeated Clay Harvison via TKO (Punch) at 1:34 in the 1stRound
    • Ricardo Lamas Defeated Cub Swanson via Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) 2:16 in the 2ndRound
    • Dustin Poirier Defeated Pablo Garza via Submission (D’arce Choke) at 1:32 in the 2ndRound
    • Ben Henderson Defeated Clay Guida via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)

7. SRW

Oh damn, Dos Santos just rocked Cain...and it's over! New champ!

8. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

That's why they should more than one fight. Not even two minutes.

9. SRW

The two traded strikes to start, but Dos Santos caught Velasquez with a huge overhand right that sent Velasquez to the floor. Dos Santos swarmed all over Velasquez and relentlessly rained punches until Velasquez went limp.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Thanks for coming

11. What an ugly punch Dos Santos hit Cain with...hell that was almost an open fist...like he was throwing a baseball or something...then Cain rolled gave him his back quickly...I didnt think Cain would go out like that. Gratz to Dos Santos...great story

I nthe post fight interview Dos Santos was like...I was scared...hahaha never heard a fighter say that before...prps for being honest.

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I bet Fox is pissed that they have been promoting this bout for weeks and it only lasts just over a minute.

13. CaptainStubing

i agree 100%. if i didn't know better, i would say he took a fall. i suppose dos santos hit him 'just right' but i was always under the impression that cain could take a punch. very strange.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Dos Santos throws BOMBS! I was watching the Dos Santos-Nelson match on Spike earlier and HOLY FREAK I don't know how Nelson wasn't knocked unconscious early on in that fight. Velasquez has always had a suspect chin but was never in with a hard hitter like Dos Santos. I think that a Lesnar/Dos Santos match won't be that awesome personally. Unless Lesnar stops that whole bull charging crap, I think Dos Santos will ROCK him hard.

As for Fox, I think this was a learning experience for everyone. I think that in the future they'll have a few extra bouts on the card and stuff. No one thought this would end the way that it did. Dana is a smart man and will learn pretty quickly.

15. CaptainStubing

i agree Duke. i don't think lesnar has much of a chance against dos santos.

and, as far as the FOX broadcast, once again, this was a 'first' to have it on free, regular t.v. but it's a great first step. Hopefully it was financially beneficial for everyone involved and we will get more and more of these.