Embarrassing Eagles Are Now Done

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Nov 13, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Embarrassing Eagles are now done - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

[​IMG]

Good read on the Eagles. At this point it's going to take an act of god to revive this team. An amazing letdown for a team that was high on the pedestal before the season kicked off.

2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I still can't believe how bad they have been playing. All that talent and all that money spent... wow

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Build in the trenches. Always.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Even so...grossly bad...

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Evan Mathis
    Jason Kelce
    Danny Watkins

Jason Babin
    Cullen Jenkins

What the heck are you talking about?

They did build up the trenches. Offensive line has been improving every week and looked great today. D-line, well they still leave some to be desired but looked good today.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yes, this team is awful. It's a shame for Shady who is having a killer season. If the coaches gave him the number of touches he deserved, he'd have over 150 in total offense every game.

No heart from Vick. So freaking disappointed. Wonder how his play would be if we had simply kept the franchise tag on him instead of giving him all that money.

7. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Looks like there going throught what the Miami Heat went throught witgh being called "The Dream Team" Not looking like a dream team out there this year. a football game is 4 quaters not 3

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yeah, i think most of us believe they are done for the year. the giants can probably mathematically eliminate them on sunday because 7 losses is probably the cut-off for a wild card

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Both lines of the Eagles leave a lot to be desired. And the trenches also involve the linebackers. And for Jenkins and Babin, both have been more streaky than a fat mans underwear after a spicy wing eating contest.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Talent wins championships, not money.

Rob Ryan has been proven right when he called the Eagles the "All Hype Team".:icon_cheesygrin:

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Dream? More like a nightmare.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

About Football Glossary - Trenches

I'm not saying they have been great. I'm saying the team attempted to 'build in the trenches' as Andy Reid's teams almost always do.

And go watch the game. The Eagles offensive line played phenomenally. They can't control when Vick decides to scramble. He had a nice clean pocket almost every down, Vick just couldn't throw the ball for crap yesterday.

The d-line held Beanie to 2.7 ypc. They got 4 sacks and 9 TFL. They had a great game, too.

Every part of this team has been inconsistent, but these were the two units on the field that actually did their job yesterday. And Shady, too. The combination of Vick playing terrible and Fitz playing out of his mind was too much for this weak-ass team to overcome.

13. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Say hello to the Vick that Atl fans had to deal with for years.

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Key words in this sentence is attempted, and inconsistant. Reid always tries to build in the trenches, but how often does his linemen actually work out?

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I know everyone dismisses it as an excuse but I think the lock out is what completely hecked this team. I still believe that naming Juan Castillo was one of the most goobered things that this team could have done but I don't believe Howard Mudd is back next season and Castillo will be on the offensive side of the ball. The ONLY way that Castillo as DC could have worked was if they had an entire off season to work with his defense and let that unit gel together. They have a CRAP TON of talent but talent alone doesn't win championships. Chemistry does. Look at the Yankees. They have a crap ton of talent. They've won 1 World Series this century and that was because Joe Girardi had those guys on lock. But it's a bunch of superstars with no chemistry.

The Dream Team crap needs to stop on all behalfs. Vince Young, the 3 day Eagle gave this team that name. Screw him. This team's woes start at the top but it isn't Andy. He can only do what he can. The offense with the exception of Celek and Shady have been disgusting this season. Maclin seems disinterested. Jackson is a selfish pr**k who is half assing it because he didn't get what he wanted. Michael Vick got his money and suddenly is the Michael Vick we've all come to hate when he was in Atlanta. Aso is playing like crap and being used wrong(shock when you don't have a DC who understands DEFENSE), Asante isn't the same Asante due to the drama around him. DRC is...well he's DRC and now he's most likely out for the year. Our Dline are playing out of their minds but the linebackers give up everything. This team needs a full off season, a DC that understands and someone to shock the offense into shape.

16. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

They need another year to gel and they will be contenders. They will beat the giants Sunday to salvage the seson.

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

you started this post saying everyone shouldn't dismiss the lockout reasoning as an 'excuse' and then you proceeded to list off another 87 reasons for the Eagles debacle. EVERY team had to deal with the lockout and the Eagles had PLENTY of returning starters from last year. The lockout is not the reason. Your other 87 reasons are.

18. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

how does larry rack up 140 some yards when you have 3 top notch corners

there is no team just a bunch of good players

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

except when the hype faced his own defense.

20. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Thats so true......

BUT

What are the Cowboys and Eagles current records right now again?

1 person likes this.