Cardinals Sign TE Steve Skelton, QB John Skelton's Brother To Practice Squad

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Sweets, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Back-to-back wins by the Cardinals with John Skelton under center have led to whispers of a quarterback controversy in the desert, and on Wednesday, the Cards announced they have signed tight end Steve Skelton to the practice squad. Steve, John's younger brother, spent the preseason with the Cardinals after signing with the team as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Fordham. He was released by Arizona on September 2. The team made room for Skelton by releasing wide receiver Isiah Williams from the practice squad.

Source: NFL.com

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

after last week they are drinking the skelton bloodline kool aid

haha

3. Skelton is a good raw TE. He just needs some coaching and he could be very good.

4. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Indeed he is, surprised anyone else noticed any potential. I immediately jumped to it myself even, so popular opinions no matter what are going to be the natural reaction KTrain had. Of course, it's related to John's two straight wins. We're buttering him up by signing his brother back, and so on. Its really an odd coincidence, since our 2 best TE's (Heap, Housler) are both suffering from lingering injuries.

Truthfully he really did look pretty damn good in the preseason with us, seemed to be working his butt off at the very least. I wouldn't have been at all surprised had we kept him on the 53 man. And I'm not at all surprised we jumped at the chance to get him on the PS.