Colt McCoy's Dad Is Upset With Browns Over Having Him Return Vs Steelers

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Plain Dealer reports Browns QB Colt McCoy's father, Brad, said Friday that his son shouldn't have returned to the game Thursday against the Steelers after taking a vicious helmet-to-helmet hit from Steelers LB James Harrison in the fourth quarter. "I talked to Colt this morning and he said, 'Dad, I don't know what happened, but I know I lost the game. I know I let the team down. What happened?,'" Brad said. "He never should've gone back in the game. He was basically out (cold) after the hit. You could tell by the ridigity of his body as he was laying there. There were a lot of easy symptoms that should've told them he had a concussion. He was nauseated and he didn't know who he was. From what I could see, they didn't test him for a concussion on the sidelines. They looked at his (left) hand.''

Source: CBSSports

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just posted this in another thread. Also doesn't remember that Evan Moore drove him home...

NFL taking all the right precautions!!

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

you know, i've noticed this a few times in the last few weeks in games i'm watching (guys obviously getting dinged badly and ending up back in the game) ............... i thought the league was putting systems in place to avoid this?

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I believe the systems are in place, some teams aren't utilizing them.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i can't remember the other players i've seen recently that this same thing has happened but it seems like one of them was an eagles player that OBVIOUSLY didn't know what his name was as he stumbled off the field and literally was back in the game a few plays later. I was saying to the screen, "someone get him off the field for god's sake"

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Reminds me of c**k fights/dog fights, no matter the condition of the animal just throw em back in there....got money or a game to win damn it.

7. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

The Browns clearly knew he had a concussion. Immediately after the game the team told reporters no lights or flashes during Colts press conference...

8. This is upsetting. I really like Mccoy and the Browns are freaking him up.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

With talent around him, I think he'd be pretty good. Maybe not a stud, but he'd be a solid starter.

10. Dragonite

I love Colt, I think he either needs a reciever who can catch a deep ball or he will be relegated to 170 yards of dink and dunk the rest of his career but I love colt.

11. Crowned

He's smart, he showed it in his first game ever and it was against the Steelers. Give McCoy a few weapons and a solid defense and he can manage the game and even a little more. He can nickle and dime a defense up the field and just take what the defense is giving him. I like McCoy.

12. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Browns last used their 1st round pick on a skill position in 2005. That's 7 drafts ago. (not counting BQ because weightlifting isn't a skill and it wasn't their pick)

13. Crowned

RGIII 2 CLE!

14. cpgobrowns

Agreed. Shurmur/Holmgren are Tim Couching him though. Defense has been looking better, especially at the goal line. I think that's now 5 games with at least one goal line stand. That loss is 100% on Pat Shurmur.

15. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Colt needs some help. On one 3rd and long I watched Greg Little drop a pass in his hands. They need a deep threat, they need more weapons for the kid.Greg Little isn't a #1

16. Dragonite

Greg Little needs to develop....oh and play slot.

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

The need for a deep threat is exaggerated, that's not what the offense they want to run nor where McCoy's strengths really are. I feel confident that Greg Little should progress nicely. If a guy's gonna have a problem with the dropsies, I'd rather have it show early. If he doesn't fix it, find someone who will, but I like the fact that he's probably feeling the pressure of that problem so soon that he'll be able to get out ahead of it.

I'm more conflicted about McCoy as a long-term answer than Little. I've been a big supporter but I saw plenty last night I didn't like, a decent amount of it directly attributable to him, not the offense or the other players around him. The loss isn't all on him and neither is the offense's stagnation, but McCoy made some poor decisions and missed plays that should have been made.

18. Dragonite

I read a really interesting article on who should start. I think the Browns should give Seneca a chance and rest McCoy until they KNOW his concussion is gone.

See what Seneca's got.

19. cpgobrowns

Yeah, they were saying if Wallace moves the offense then it was McCoy that was the problem. If he can't, it's either that there are no playmakers or both. Little's problems should be correctable. I'm still a McCoy supporter and I still think the problem with the offense can be traced back to Steinbach's injury, not upgrading at RT, and taking a project FB and getting rid of Lawerence Vickers. I just hope the Browns aren't ruining him.

20. Dragonite

Thats what I am saying, see what Seneca can do, if he can win against Pitt or Baltimore and shows that he can move the offense, than maybe its time to start thinking of McCoy as more of a backup. I love McCoy but the coaches HAVE GOT to try something new.

I don't know if Seneca will play any better than Colt, but its worth a look, especially if Colt's concussion is serious.