Bill Polian Suggest Winless Season May Cost Colts Coach Jim Caldwell His Job

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Sweets, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Colts vice chairman Bill Polian was asked on his radio show if coach Jim Caldwell will be fired. Polian didn't exactly give Caldwell a vote of confidence according to Stampede Blue. Polian said, 'My fervent hope is that Jim's job is not in jeopardy because my fervent hope is that we don't go 0-16, and we're doing everything we can to try and avoid that.'"

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah....hes pretty terrible, just goes to show that manning does all the coaching on offense there

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Winless?

I think it doesn't matter...lol.

4. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

If the Colts go 0-16, they will have no choice but to fire Caldwell. I think that even if they win a game or two, Caldwell is out. He may be a good coach, but not a head coach.

5. falloutboy14

falloutboy14 Rookie

FWIW, I have a feeling that enough blame could be heaped on Larry Coyer & Peyton being out for Caldwell to remain. Polian needs his puppet.

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

There's about to be a re-birth in Indy.

7. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

They just need a little "Luck"

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

And a better HC

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

No coach should every go 0-16 and keep his job, regardless of circumstance. You pay the guy to get the most out of the players he has, and if he gets literally nothing then why keep him? You really want a coach around that can't coach? You can't blame it on Peyton being gone because he's going to retire soon so what happens then? This guy's whole coaching reputation is built on the back of Peyton Manning.

10. myCoch

myCoch Rookie

They had too much invested in Manning and his fragile ego didn't allow for the Colts to keep a decent backup on the roster. Hell Jim Sorgi had a nice little career holding the clipboard and he sucked. But let's be honest, Manning never missed a game so it didn't matter for all those years and they got away with it.

And I agree with a previous poster. Manning was the offensive coach and it's why you don't see any quarterbacks running their offense anymore. What do you do when they're injured? How can you hold a coach responsible if that happens? The same can, has and will be said of Tebow. I love watching the end of those games, but how do you build an offense around him and what do you do if he gets hurt? Tebow and Manning are unique talents. You will win with them and lose with them once you're all in and they cannot play.

Not Caldwell's fault. But if he wants credit in the good times...

11. dpn

dpn 18to44

Caldwell has made some amazing blunders at the most inopportune times in the last couple of years. His notorious time outs are just a few. Everyone has said that there is a lot of talent on this team. It is up to the coach to bring that out and use it to the best of the abilities of the players that are available at the time. Adjustments on and off the field don't seem to be in his mindset. He continues to try to run this team as if Manning is still playing.

I also am sick of people blaming Manning for this. This year alone has proven that he is the only reason the Colts were as good as they were. No one works harder or prepares more than he does. When they all start doing that maybe then the organization willl have a team. Not one that puts everything on his shoulders. What more does this man have to do to prove himself?!!

12. Steve12

Peyton doesn't have to do anything to prove himself. He is the best quarterback to ever play the game. I don't see how anyone could blame it on him. I don't think I've seen anyone say that.

13. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Caldwell gets fired
    Manning Retires
    Colts draft Luck
    Colts name Manning the new head coach.

Too far fetched? :dunno:

14. Steve12

The last one is. I don't see manning jumping straight into a head coaching gig after he retires.

15. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I don't think Caldwell should be blamed for Indy's woeful lack of preparation for a no-Peyton season

16. falloutboy14

falloutboy14 Rookie

I could see him being a QB coach or coordinator. Is anyone aware of any player getting into a HC gig without being a coach of some sort somewhere? Also, he just got a pair of twins in the last few months. He could just as well want to take a year or two off to be a dad.

17. Steve12

You don't think the Head Coach of a football team should be blamed for not having his team ready to play without a player? What happened to next man up? It's on Caldwell.

18. myCoch

myCoch Rookie

Peyton doesn't have the patience to be a head coach. He has the intellect for it.

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, any coach that goes 0-16 should be fired. there's no excuse for that.

20. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

manning would not go into coaching....thats such a hard pay cut for the stress involved when youve been making 20 million a year to pretty much coach the colts yourself, when he retires he'll go into announcing for the exposure on tv cause hes a tv tramp