Cowboys Vs Giants

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by Sweets, Dec 27, 2011.

?

Who will win this game

Poll closed Jan 1, 2012.
  1. Cowboys

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Giants

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

How was it his fault today ....oh yeah he dint cover Victor cruz on key plays ....and he dint rush eli effectivly...

Sent from my supadupa EVO using Tapatalk

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

It's the same story every time they lose a big game. It's never Romo's fault. He didn't win the game. As the quarterback, he automatically takes some of the blame. That's just the nature of the game. Great QB's find ways to win the big games, and Romo doesn't do that. I'm not saying he single handedly lost it, but he didn't win it either. But it's not like that's anything new.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

You only put up 14 Points. Even had the D played better you would have lost. That is Romo's fault. I also dont get the constant defense of Romo, hes never been better than serviceable as a QB.

4. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

this loss was on the Dallas Defense. As much as I cant stand Romo, what did he do wrong? Well he did have a terrible first half. That dallas secondary is brutal.

5. Steve12

He didn't win. Again. The Pats defense is the the worst in the league and Brady still won 13 games. Rodgers won 15 with a questionable defense. Like I said, when the game is on the line great QB's perform better and get wins. Romo doesn't do that.

6. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

God himself couldnt win as QB with this team. When you have an offensive line that allows 6 sacks and our defense looks like a colander, your not going to win. We have scored enough points in most of our games to win. This team has bigger issues then Romo.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Servicable. Romo is clearly a Pro Bowl level QB. He has his shortcomings and isnt an elite QB, but "serviceable" is rather harsh

8. Omen

How dare u

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, many of us have suspected that the cowboys are a group of underachievers. i think the finger needs to be pointed at the coaching and coordinating that's been with this team for the past few years. I think the coaches/coordinators deserve the blame when players underachieve and not enough criticism has been place at Garrett's feet for the offense underachieving the last few years and for Ryan's defense being so erratic this year.

10. Omen

Agreed although I'd give than another yr with a full Tc and better personel...but I agree

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yeah, i heard rodney harrison blasting tony romo for being a 4th quarter choke artist ......... i don't necessarily agree with that. EVERY quarterback loses games in the 4th quarter and makes mistakes. Hell, Aaron Rodgers had a chance to win their game against the chiefs in the 4th quarter and couldn't get it done. I don't view Romo as a 4th quarter choke artist. He's had a lot of game winning drives and comebacks. Hell, he had 3 or 4 of them just this year alone.

13. Omen

Actually last night they showed his % in the fourth qtr and its higher than any other active qb ....

14. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Even when it was Wade doing the DC job this defense had issues. I blame Ryan for not having the guys pumped. But you work with what you have. This teams secondary has had issues for years. And any that are drafted end up being a wasted pick.

I place the whole blame on JJ and there's no need to state why.

15. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

In the 8 Cowboys losses.. Here's how it goes.

Jets: Yes, Romo lost this game. Unless you want to look up the official game stats for this and see that it was played on 9/11, 10 year anniversary.. in New York, and not one penalty was called against a physical Jets defense. Maybe I'm looking a bit too far into that, just not sure I've ever seen a team go a full game without a penalty.

Lions: Romo may have turned the ball over in the 3rd to let the Lions back in it.. but we should have been using clock management being up by four scores.

Patriots: Romo got them the lead. Defense wins championships, and Brady prevailed against that defense.

Eagles: Had Romo did something, the way the defense played, we still would of lost.

Cardinals: Tony put us in position to make a very easy game winning field goal.

Giants: Tony gave us more than enough to win this game. Up 12 with less than five minutes left. See Patriots: Defense wins championships. Even after they blew it, he gave us a chance to tie it up.

Eagles: Had he not of got hurt, we would of won this game the way the Eagles played.

Giants: Terrence Newman. Victor Cruz. Oline getting blasted. Tony didn't have a chance. The times the defense could of made a play to get the ball back, they hecked it up with a penalty. 4th and 1 and a horrible play call.

So if I'm blaming Tony, I'll blame him for 2 losses. Serviceable my butt.

16. Steve12

I'm not the one who said servicable. I said he'll never win a Super Bowl. And once again the Cowboys fans' loyalty to this guy confuses me.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I'm probably like many non-Cowboys football fans (not a hater) who associates Dallas' failures with Romo. Stats-wise, pretty damn good, but it just feels like as long as Romo is the starter Dallas will never reach the promised land.