New GridironFans.com 4.0 Skin Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Dec 24, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The NFL Chat room is now found in the toolbar, it's one chat.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

All I see is the normal chat...

3. SRW

Yeah, there's one room.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Will the 2.0 Style stay as an option?

5. SRW

Yes but it won't be supported and the toolbar won't be available for it.

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Good enough for me

7. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Hate the look but like the new logo. It's really not bad, I just don't like change. Once I get use to it I won't want it changed.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The new skin looks like an overkill to me, with all the stats, facebookbox and the other bling-bling on the side

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't like the Facebook one, but I don't mind the twitter feed.

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Okay my opinion after giving it a quick test:
    1. When logging in it takes you to your profile page instead of the page you were one, not sure if that was how it always was but maybe something to look at.
    2. My forum front page looks hecked up on FF but ok on IE
    Examples:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do have adblock and Noscript but both are turned off so that shouldn't be impacting it especially since when viewing a topic everything seems to look ok.

3. The toolbar kind of turned me off at first because the poll in the middle of the screen was annoying but I minimized the toolbar and so far it's been ok.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  11. SRW

[MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION] and [MENTION=569]ollysj[/MENTION], the Facebook toolbar is there simply to help market the site. Seems people love the Facebook. Can't keep fighting the trend, we need to adapt and grow with it. I am also waiting to find a system that works with vb3.8 that allows for Facebook Connect with no issues.

[MENTION=3484]Dragonite[/MENTION], The forum icons are back so now people can see what forums have/have not been posted in since their last visit and they can double click on the icon to mark that forum as read.

[MENTION=1146]BoltzRule[/MENTION], I will look into that issue. Is anyone else having the same issue as Boltz? And is that error only on the forum index?

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Works fine for me in Firefox.

13. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Yea it's just the forum index.

Everything else has looked fine to me, so far I've checked forum view, topic view, reply, user cp, home page/portal, and other people's profiles. All of them have the user info on the right side along with the forum stats/latest threads etc.

Just for whatever reason the forum index has all that stuff at the bottom of the page and things look even more messed up when I press the arrow to show the stats as seen in the 2nd screenshot.

Not sure how to do the mentions so I hope this works @SteveRobWhatever

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I'm using Firefox version 9.0.1 in case you were wondering.

15. SRW

It worked, I am on it bro. I am going to try to recreate the error on my end.

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

@SteveRobWhatever

I fixed the issue, I logged out in firefox, then logged back in and everything looked good.

So now that it's solved I like the skin so far, not a fan of the facebook stuff but it doesn't bother me.

Edit: UGH looks like I spoke too soon, after leaving the forum index and going back things reverted to the initial problem.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  17. SRW

[MENTION=1146]BoltzRule[/MENTION], hit refresh. The Forum icon table was added and you might have browsed it while it was being worked on.

18. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Thanks Steve...I will give this skin a shot :)

19. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

@SteveRobWhatever

Refreshing didn't work, I had to log out again and then log back in. So far it's looking good.

20. SRW

[MENTION=1146]BoltzRule[/MENTION], the site will redirect you to your profile by design when you login. As for the toolbar, the poll will appear when there is a new question and won't re-appear once the poll is answered.