Sixers 7-2 Turning It Around???

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by ball in the baskett, Jan 10, 2012.

?

76ers

1. turning it around

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. same old 50 percent winning percentage sixers

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

the sixers are about to be 7-2 there record is up there with the heat this season so far. Just wondering if theres any other philly fans watching them do so good. Our sixers have sucked for a while you this is the year they have some hope and maybe get passed the first round???? 7-2 is pretty damn good for this young team keep it up sixers :buttrock:

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Aint gonna matter. You got no chance when Rose lays into you. :icon_cheesygrin:

3. ball in the baskett

Im so down for a username bet again when the sixers play the bulls lol

not many nba fans on here

4. Steve12

They play in Philly February 1st. We'll see about a bet when it gets closer.

5. ball in the baskett

gotcha i wish there was more nba fans other philly fans on this site dont seem to really be into the 6ers im a pretty hardcore sixers fan and have been through them sucking since iverson left

6. Steve12

I was a big AI fan.

[​IMG]

7. ball in the baskett

Man i was the biggest AI fan during high school i always wore his jerseys and had his shoes.
    I had the black blue white and east all star allen iverson jersey and so many iverson shoes. My all time fav

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They could. Hawes is a guy that always had upside, and he been balling the heck out starting the season. If he keeps at a level close to how he has been playing I could see you guys in the mid seed convo, with a solid young core to get better

Im a huge Rondo fan, and think that type of Killer D PG is a vastly underrated asset to winning teams considering how much shots PG's take nowadays. Holliday is very much in the Rondo mold and he when you can get those 6 of 20's against the Derrick Rose's, D-Will's, John Wall's, Barron Davis's, Russells Westbrooks and Brandon Jennings of the NBA, you notice it in the win column more then in the stat sheet

9. ball in the baskett

yea like we dont have that 1 star on our team a whole bunch of young solid players we have one of the best benches in the league and our defense stats wise is one of the best to start the year. Im pretty excited for them this year. Not saying championship but getting passed the first round of the playoffs is a start

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Turner has star potential. By midseason he could be a 15 PPG guy. At that point you wouldnt need Iggy at all and could trade him for some complimentary peice's. Maybe a 3 point assasin and a Ryan Gomes type scoring/hustle PF

Do you guys still play Young some at PF?

11. ball in the baskett

Not sure havent payed attention to that i know that elton brand has been doing pretty good so far. Took long enough he was a bust when we signed him felt like the time we got chris webber. Also our rookie is doing pretty good white guy forget his name. Like you said earlier hawes is doin pretty good.We could use a 3 point guy since kapono left but so far cant really complain lou williams is another player i like hes gotten way better then he was when he was 18.

I still miss having kyle korver as a 3 point shooter

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

def been watching the games. i started watching a little last year because of collins. the guy is a phenominal coach. he learned to tame it down some but knows the game. he's allowed curry to teach these guys how to really play defense. didnt hurt that some of these guys were good defenders to start with.

hawes worked on his game all off-season. it's paid off so far. money year or not i'll take his play regardless. not sure what happened to him last night. hope he's ok.

holiday is an all-star level pg, boy can ball and is only going to get better on both sides of the ball. i played pg so of course i am biased when it comes to the position.

turner is starting to build that confidence. he admitted himself that he allowed himself to be overwhelmed in his rookie season. the coaches are pushing all the right buttons right now with evan and like joe said when he takes it up another notch somebody is going to ahve to go. not sure who, be it iggy or young. both play this hybrid 2-3. if you can get a good deal for iggy though you're probably going to get more value for his big money.

brand looks good again, def overpaid but that's not his fault. plus collins' system seems to fit him better. helps that he seems to be healthy too.

our 1st pick vucevic has looked great the last couple of games. if this kid can become a factor in the middle this team could blow up. considering their depth and youth they could make a big run in this shortened season. you can see the difference in their conditioning as opposed to their opponents. collins worked these guys hard all camp and it shows.

again though, i started watching some again last year because collins, the guy has this group playing "basketball" not street ball. not having a superstar lends to that some i know but it's still refreshing to see a team play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

They are a fun team to watch for purists, but I don't think they have enough to be serious contenders without any top tier players. Their defense and transition game is awesome to watch.

Brand was having a really bad start until last night. I hope Hawes is ok. I haven't heard any update on him.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

not worrying about them being a serious contender yet but they can def make a big run in the east. i could see them winning a 1st round match-up and could possibly get an upest in the 2nd round. that's huge for this team.

plus maybe the sixers show they have enough pieces to make a trade that could land them a big name that takes them to the next level.

a super kind of guy maybe ? :dunno:

15. Steve12

No way Howard would go to Philly.

And yea baskett thanks for Korver. I like him.

16. DawkinsINT

Well...we'll have to wait and see what happens with trades and future free agents...but for now I'm looking forward to the game tonight at the Knicks. A win would really show how good the team is since they really haven't played many tough opponents.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

truth. it's been a good start against teams they should beat. the knicks will def be a measuring stick.

should be getting some club box tix this year.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

no doubt a bit of a pipe dream but philly loves basketball . we just haven't had much to cheer for minus a couple years when AI was here. howard would be on top of the world here.

sure would make it interesting in the east though if he did come here.

i'm gonna out some fiath in rod thorne to find a move that helps this team down the road.

i'm just happy we're even talking about the sixers at this point.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

well the sixers couldnt keep pace with the knicks last night but i'm not disappointed considering the knicks are a good team and the sixers were playing their 3rd straight game.

20. DawkinsINT

Agreed. I liked the way they battled despite not having their legs or Hawesome.