Jaguars Hire Mike Mularkey As Head Coach

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Jan 10, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Mike Mularkey will be the third head coach in Jacksonville Jaguars history, sources told the Times-Union on Tuesday night. Mularkey’s development of Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, who developed quickly, is part of the draw for the Jaguars. The development of Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert will be a prime task for the next Jaguars head coach. Mulkarkey has been the Falcons' offensive coordinator since a two-year stint as an assistant coach under Nick Saban with the Miami Dolphins. Mularkey, 50, was previously head coach with the Buffalo Bills, and went 9-7 in 2004 and 5-11 in 2005.

Source: Florida Times Union

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  2. His offense flat out stunk against the Giants............including two failed 4th and short attempts.

I wouldn't be exactly be thrilled by this if I'm Blaine Gabbert.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Keep him away from Miami, thanks Kahn and thanks Jaguars.

4. So.... What exactly was the answer to the, "why did your 'offense' not manage a single point and look terrible in the playoffs this year?", question in that interview?

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

damn...i wanted him to go to the bucs.
    is he bringing his 2 point playbook?

6. Must be a very small playbook!

7. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I remember when Millen was trying to decide between This guy, Jim Haslett and Rod Marinelli. I'm sorry Jags.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

good luck mike .............. :rolleyes1:

9. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

so you hire a guy who more than likely would have been fired as the Falcons OC as the Head coach of your franchise? Way to start the new regime

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not hiring him as an OC...just saying...lol.

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Lol, i feel u...i just think they could have did alot better, he may not be the OC but they were clear this job was gonna be an offensive minded guy to develop a system Gabbert. Matt Ryan certainly looked great this year lol